Coity Castle - Added to Castles and Fortifications in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 566

Land owner permission not required.

There is limited parking outside the front of the castle which is technically only open until sunset (caretaker can be a bit variable) but there is open common land between the castle and the church and some parking is available by the church. There is a footpath here that leads to the other entrance and also to a gate into the field where I fly from.

If you visit, be aware that a prison is fairly close by and the DJI app will throw up a warning but you can fly, just need to acknowledge you are responsible. I’ve never had an issue with any locals and as my image shows, some lads are playing footy in the grounds after closing but ddin’t even bat an eyelid at me.

If you visit - give me a shout and I’ll try and join you, and then perhaps share a pint in the Six Bells (also in shot) in the village afterwards.

The originator declared that this location was not in a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying the same location.

3 Likes

Dang - can someone move the pin…? It’s ended up in the Bristol Channel for some bizarre reason. Should be here:

It you can let us know the lat/lng for where the pin should be mate, we’ll get it moved for you :+1:t2:

Sorry - thought it had copied over with teh Google maps link.

Try this: 51°31’19.5"N 3°33’11.8"W

51.5220866, -3.5554665

Sound right?

That’s good enough - if they can’t see / find the castle from that location then they shouldn’t be flying a drone - LOL.

1 Like