Completely blurred video from my Mini 4 Pro but fine before and after

I had a very annoying situation with my Mini 4 pro on Sunday, I was filming a 10K run so something that only happens once a year.
Took the drone up and filmed until the battery warning then took it up again to complete my filming.
Then and only then when I got home to edit the footage on my PC did I notice that all of the video from the first filming chunk (15 minutes worth) was all very blurred to the point where its unusable, see video.
All of the footage filmed on the second battery was perfect, also all the footage from a flight 2 hours before was perfect as was all previous footage from day one.

Why would it do this? any ideas?
The flying conditions were not great, very strong wind and gusts of 45mph but it seemed to be able to cope fine but I was thinking maybe the wind caught it somehow managed to mess up the autofocus?
Never had this issue on my mini2, I would have spotted it on that at the time of filming as I used a 10" tablet as the display.

Thanks
Andy

It’s possible you inadvertently set manual focus, or alternatively, the drone focused on something nearby during takeoff and didn’t find anything else to focus on once in the air so stayed at that focal length.
I’ve seen a video on YouTube where someone showed this happening when (I think) they were trying to film something beyond a fence or wall and rose up from behind the wall as part of the filming. The drone stayed focused at the wall distance rather than infinity.

One way to avoid this is to set the focus peaking on and you can see when you’re filming what it’s focused on.

It hasn’t happened to me, but I see how it could. And it’s the kind of thing you wouldn’t spot until you viewed on a bigger screen when processing it later.

1 Like

ok, its the only and only time Ive had an issue. I put it down to the ridiculous gusty wind I was flying it in. “focus peaking” ? not heard of that setting, where is that?

Yes I deffo miss my large 10" tablet viewer, dont really like the small screen.

Thanks

It could just have been the wind :grinning:

Focus peaking is a camera setting you can make on the controller that puts a red highlight around the edges of the objects in the viewfinder that are in focus.
I can’t remember exactly where the setting is, but it shouldn’t take long to find it on Google.

1 Like

Was my first thoughts

This video by Ian explains all

It’s all in this video

5 Likes

yes it was dangerously windy, ok I will look for that next time I fly

Thanks

I’ve had this twice with my M3P where it’s taken off and auto focus has done anything but focus automatically. Landed, restarted drone completely ( yes I did check focus was on auto too ) Strange one really :wink::wink:

1 Like

oh wow really, any ideas at all?
Its made me want to always check the focus now before filming.
I think Im going to have to go back to using a 10" tablet instead of the built in screen, which will mean buying a different controller

I really have no idea whatsoever why it has done this. Mind you that’s only twice since I bought the drone over 18 months ago. :wink:

1 Like