Connecting a USB breakout board to an FC

I’m doing a bit of up cycling hence I have a AIO minus it’s mini C but I have to below. Thing is I’m not sure wot the D+ and D- are or what they marry up to on the FC?.

I know the others a ground and 5v ….

usb data pins… which AIO FC?

1/2 way down, fix broken FC

1 Like

@BigDog Nick could you change the title as it’s not very descriptive and not searchable to the issue

Sorry its not letting me ???

Nick
As @robertspark Rob says, what FC is it ?

Hmmm seems straight forward just cant find ther D+ & D- and typical Iflight dont do a decent wiring diagram :roll_eyes: But looking at the board Im thinking below pads might the 2 im looking for???

Sorry Im a little bit off kilter due to my mum being poorly, its the 1 below …

Not here Nick
This is the factory programming pins for ESC MCU

Hi Nick
Look underneath in this area :crossed_fingers:

Hi Steve … yah the mini C is on the other side or was hence are you referencing to 2 small Gold circles ??? And to work out which 1 is which I should get voltage on 1 and continuity on the other…. If that makes sense :thinking:

I wouldn’t worry about the d+ or d-, just solder a couple of short fly leads onto them and onto the miniusb connector and plug it in and try it (as long as the 5v and gnd are wired correctly the d+ and d- are just the digital signals… getting them wrong just means the signal won’t work, flip the wiring and try again it’s like tx and rx with UART… if it doesn’t work one way, flip the two pins (NOT the power pins!!!) and it will work

Brilliant cheers mate fingers crossed I can get this up and running :+1:t3: