Converting MP4, 4K files to JPEG

Hi everyone.
I’m new to the drone scene & enjoying my DJI Mini 2.
I have some fantastic Ariel shots of some locations in Kent but I am unable to upload them in the video section of Grey Arrows Drone Club.
When I transfer my files from the Micro SD card from my DJI Mini 2 they are in MP4 Format. I attempted to upload them but keep getting an error message MP4 not allowed. I am totally baffled on how to change these files. I downloaded a file convertor but it has converted the MP4 file to JPG Sequence files. Any help would me much appreciated. Thank you.

4 Likes

You can’t upload video files to here

Upload to YouTube or Vimeo

And share the link here

Like this

3 Likes

Hi Mark and welcome to GADC :+1:t2: You cant upload video files directly (well actually its not because its a video file, its because there is a 50MB file limit). What we all do is upload our videos to Youtube or Vimeo and then post a link back here. If you put the link in a line of its own you get an embedded video too

3 Likes

Beat me to it Wayne :laughing:

2 Likes

Its because it’s a video file, we stopped due to the issues around codecs and devices and some playing and some not.

Even a 5mb .mov or .mp4 won’t upload

3 Likes

Now you mention it I do remember that now :man_facepalming:t3: thanks for the reminder Chris :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks very much SirGunner, you have answered my question. Hope I did not sound too daft, I just wasn’t sure if it was something I was doing wrong. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thank you Sparkyws, yes yourself & everyone has now helped me, thank you, and thank all.

3 Likes

We look forward to seeing your videos :grinning:

2 Likes

And just to forestall another potential problem:

Type whatever text you wish to make the body of the message and, when you are ready to insert the video copy and paste the link to the YouTube or Vimeo file on its own line like this

https://youtu.be/UDfAdHBtK_Q

and then, if you wish, continue typing your message. The url on its own line with space above and below gets you the video in its own box. The url above is for this:

Simple when you know how but not necessarily intuitive :slight_smile:

For any other purpose changing file extensions etc id recommend handbrake free on windows. Ive been using it for years converting youtube rips etc to play on my audi mmi screen etc etc

1 Like

or ffmpeg

Love the very apt song you added for the demonstration. Ace song Rob.

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

Thank you each & everyone of you for the great help & advice, I have got the hang of it now.
As soon as I get a free few hours I will start uploading.

2 Likes