Corfe Castle in the English county of Dorset

Quick facts

It is a village and civil parish in the English county of Dorset. It is the site of a ruined castle of the same name. The village and castle stand over a gap in the Purbeck Hills on the route between Wareham and Swanage.[Wikipedia]
Mavic Air

22 Likes

Lovely shots there. Definitely on my list to go and have a drone around one day!

1 Like

Superb shots, very well done.

1 Like

Great pictures, Corfe Castle always reminds me of “Nuts in May”

1 Like

Fabulous shots - did you stand on the hill opposite? :grinning:

1 Like

Definitely worth to go! Better to go early when is not busy yet to find a good place to park.

Thanks for the kind comment!

Thank you!

Yes, I think that is a good pleace to let the drone close ennough to take good shots and the drone is still in visibale distance.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to get down the road and fly Corfe Castle myself, both during the day like you have (great pics) and I believe it lights up quite well at night.
From where did you fly if you don’t mind me asking? I know there’s the main carpark (back left of your 2nd pic), but been wondering if it’s easy enough to find somewhere to takeoff that won’t disturb other visitors?

Also, I think the site is National Trust and I hear there’s some mixed feelings about flying “from” their land (without meaning to start that conversation again here) so I wonder if it’s possible to take off from just outside their zone and avoid conflict :smiley:

1 Like

Great shots! Go to the garden at the Scott Arms in Kingston a fabulous land view of the castle and its surrounds.

1 Like

Scott Arms is better for beer and food - too far away for best land views.

Best land shots (without wandering fields) are from West Street car part in Corfe. Even look OK on StreetView …

:wink:

2 Likes

I was somewhere where the blue circle is, it was really quiet, just me and my freind. It could nice at night time. I left my car at the main car park, it’s a few hundred yards from where I was. I do not like to takeoff and fly when other people around, I think the best time to go is early morning or try the night shots, that could be amazing. I’d love to see your shots!

1 Like

Thank you! I will try that next time when I’ll be around.

I did check that car park on the map and you right, it is a nice spot to take good pics. I will try it with my Lumix G85. Thanks!

So much of the land round Corfe is National Trust owned, you need to pick your spot carefully. I always consult the National Trust land map.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment and information, it is really helpfull. These pics was taken 3 years before, I do not really use my drone anymore, I was thinking to sell it, anyway if I ever take my drone to fly again I will chek the map carefully.
I got a lumix G85 with a FeiyuTech SCORP. It is a completly different than the drone records or pics, but I love it because I can use it almost everywhere.

Regards