Corfu - Drone flying?

Possible Hols to Corfu.
Am I right in assuming (I know as Drone users we should never assume), that I can fly in a CTR (Control Zone) as long as I keep below 400ft?
I ask, as I am planning a trip to Corfu this July, taking my drone (my wife is coming as well), and I see that it’s pretty good for drone flying.
We will be staying in San Stefanos, located in the North West corner of the island, which according to the DAGR website has the usual NFZ etc, but it has a large CRT that cuts into parts of the “Free Air Space”.
See image below:

The HCAA (Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority) have pretty much the same rules as we do:
Keep below 120 meters, drone must be within a max of 50 meters away from you and of course in line of sight in permitted areas.
You can ask for permission to fly further away than 50 meters.

So looking at the map, excluding the 8km NFZ around the airport and the Local Flying Areas, would it be a fair assumption that flying in the Controlled zone is Ok?

Admins: Please move to appropriate area if this is the wrong place. :wink:

1 Like

Take a look at …

… and …

May not ever your specific question, but those links do provide useful info by country.

1 Like

Did you come to a conclusion? It’s july and I also have hols in Corfu in a few days.

Edit: did not realise that this post is 3 years old, my bad for necroing

Hi, I didn’t take my drone in the end as I need to register in a European country to be able to fly in EU countries, as the UK did not rejoin the EU protocol on drone flying.
It seems most people register via Ireland.
Others on here might be able to give you more up to date info.

I hold dual UK & PL passports, do you still have to register for “toy drone” flights?

Hi all

I seeking some help/guidance if possible :pray:

I’m going for a family holiday to Corfu (Kavos) end of August and I’m hoping to take my Mini 3 with me but I’ve never taken my drone abroad before and was wondering if anyone has flown in Kavos before and am I allowed to fly my drone there?

I have my flyer ID and Operators ID. Do I need to register anyway prior to arriving to have approval to fly my drone or I am ok as I am.

I did read a thread on here but tbh it confused me slightly, hence seeking some basic guidance.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Jamie.

@JaWri77 Jamie, I would suggest you would need an operators ID, but one for the EU. I registered recently for Norway via the Ireland registration site, straight forward enough cost about 60 euro.
With regard to actually flying on Corfu you would need to find a similar site to our own Drone Scene (that only covers UK) The DJI fly safe site will show a good lot of info i guess.
Remember Drone batteries OUT of the drone and in your HAND luggage on the plane, ideally in LiPo safe bags (amazon)

an operators ID, but one for the EU

Completed the A1/A3 Open Sub Category from Poland.
Operator ID and A1/A3 Certificate £0
Thanks to the tip here.
Exam some sarcastic questions, did not take long at all.
https://drony.ulc.gov.pl/

All in English.
Just need a scan of passport. EU ID to go with my UK ID.

Many thanks for your reply and help.

I will try and register via the Ireland site, I did purchase Lipo bag and will ensure batteries are drained as someone gave me that tip

Thanks again

Thank you :+1: