Covehithe, Suffolk - Coastal Erosion

Covehithe Beach, Suffolk UK. This video shows the erosion of the coastline. The fallen trees seen in the beginning of the video had their roots in soil when I visited a year or so before this. Even more dramatic is the erosion of the cliffs that recede by metres each year. Shot on a Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air. I made the mistake of using a ND8 filter in the early footage when the light levels were too low around dawn. As a result the early footage is a little grainy, lesson learnt. The later footage of the cliffs was shot using a ND16/PL on the Mavic Air.

4 Likes

GREAT flying !!! :+1: :+1: :+1:
Captured that really well - got me thinking that this topic of coastal erosion could be a belter on this site, with those of us who can contribute. I was going to put one up about my area on Anglesey, but here might be a good place too ?? And the Yanks say sea levels aint rising !!??
Im struggling with filters too - which to use and when - cos i don’t want to have to land the drone too many times to change filters - think i will research this more.

1 Like

There’s something very ? (don’t know what word to use here) about those dead trees laying forgotten on the beach like fallen soldiers left behind after a beach landing :disappointed:

1 Like

Yes that’s exactly what they reminded me of, spookily sad place and there are more trees in the near vicinity that will be joining them soon by the looks of it. Thanks for the comment.

1 Like

If I get chance tomorrow, and the RAF are not buggering about, I will add similar from the west coast of Anglesey - its really sad to see trees that have fought the westerly onslaught of winds for years, only to have the “soil” dragged out under their feet.

1 Like