Coventry Cathedral 15/12/2021

Some shots from this mornings flight at Coventry Cathedral. Big thanks to @Steviegeek for being my spotter :grin:

OG DJI Mavic Mini taking full advantage of the sub250g rules :ok_hand:t2:

17 Likes

Great shots Deano :ok_hand:t2: Good to see the OG Mini being put to good use. I need to dust the cobwebs off my Air2 and get her out again :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks @SirGunner yeah the freedom you get with a Sub250g drone is awesome lol

2 Likes

No trouble from the public or anyone?

2 Likes

Nah non what so ever, nobody batted an eye lid lol

once it was in the air you couldn’t hear it nor really see it, so nobody was aware of it :+1:

2 Likes

Inspireing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seeing the area like that with all the new build around makes you realise how bad the devastation must have been. I remember my parents saying how bright the night sky was during the bombing viewed from about 15 miles away.
Great photos.

Nice, its been weeks since the weather has been sutable to fly down here in Swansea!

Lots of photos on Google images from back in the Blitz:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=coventry+blitz&prmd=ivnx&sxsrf=AOaemvLL3yLZ-BIXbfTXj30FmYVSqJ8y6A:1639598180414&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxl_iYy-b0AhU8gP0HHX8bDxgQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=384&bih=683&dpr=3.75

The devastation was huge. There is a Blitz experience in the Coventry Transport museum that’s worth a walk around if you’re ever in the city centre :+1:t2:

1 Like

The new Coventry Cathedral aka the Holy Trinity Church Coventry:

5 Likes

Editors Pick on BBC Weather Watchers :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Got a cheeky GADC in there as well :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Well done @DeanoG60
You’ll be giving @McSteamy2010 a run for his money here. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers @Steviegeek yeah my 3rd image on Midlands Today :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

show us the other two :smiley: :smiley: