Coventry Stadium

Urbex drone style.

Such a shame this place has been left to rot and decay :disappointed_relieved: went to quite a few speedway meetings here as a child. Had few nights at the races as well with my parents. The stadium doubled up as a dog track as well as a speedway track. The speedway team that used race here was called The Coventry Bees.

I’d like to hope that one day the stadium will be restored to its former glory. But I don’t hold up much hope.

All photos taken with my DJI Mavic Air2 edited with snapseed.

18 Likes

Can imagine this making a good location for a gritty drama. Love the photos.

1 Like

Its bigger than I thought. Once the plods give up, I’ll take a look

1 Like

I think it’ll be fine if numbers are kept small.

2 Likes

Would love to have a fly around this place.

Also, great pics too mate. Gonna have a look at that snapseed

1 Like

Great set of photos - tell a sad tale :+1: :+1: :+1:

@Jhdee yes a very sad tale indeed. It once was a thriving place with Speedway, dog racing, Monster Truck shows, stock car and banger racing. And now it looks like this… such a shame really. I had some good nights up there as a kid.

1 Like

Situations like this always make wonder what happened to allow a thriving stadium to fall into total disrepair. I can understand a building or a plot of land being re-developed for other purposes but to be just left empty - I fail to understand. Such a shame when a facility has brought enjoyment to so many :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed:

1 Like

I think it might have been the landowner, the business was struggling but they refused to sell the land and business and would sooner see it like it is today rather than sell it off to somebody else to run and maintain who could actually afford to do it and make it successful.

2 Likes

awesome set of photos

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

The land will probably be used for new housing, you have captured some fantastic pictures well done for keeping that memory in your archives, there are so many historical buildings with personal historical value that nobody had managed to get access to take photo’s of, good ole Mavic Air 2, I am also glad that I bought the same drone also :slight_smile:

Wow, what a wonderfully unique location. Brilliant job of capturing the details of the decay.

Thank you both :star_struck: