CPU fully loaded?

click the link

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO & DJI Fly

And, if you are being given the phone why not try installing the app and testing it out?

The link says the iPhone 6 is approved but actually the cpu can’t handle the app without issues. I’m only asking as the person is at the other end on the country and if people are having the same problems with the 7 I can tell them not to bother, that’s why I’m asking!!

I used to get them on my iPhone 8 (using DJIGO)

Thanks for that, Christ, how powerful is this app!! :flushed:

More bloated with every new release

2 Likes

i have a m2p and a mini2 different apps but on the mini 2 fly app i get the cpu fully loaded

The Fly app demands far more processing power than the old GO3 and GO4 apps ever did.

Hence such a short list of compatible devices listed on the DJI site :confused:

What phone/device are you using?

Mini ipad 4

I would read all the advice from above, disable video caching, remove unwanted apps, force closing all other apps, if that’s no better you could try a factory reset and then just run the DJI Fly app. Other than that a newer device might be your only answer.

1 Like

The Mini 4 is a 2015 device, it’s going to be on the absolute limit of processing power for the Fly app :frowning:

1 Like

It’s only used for flying the drone nothing else mini 4 is well capable

to deal with dji apps

I also use it with dji go 4 have no problem with that

Of running GO4, yes.

Of running Fly, no. It’s barely capable.

2 Likes

The spec’s say No

1 Like

I had the same problem bought new iPad 5 mini for £300 bargain from Amazon was cheaper to buy cellular model than normal one and then DJI updated smart controller sold iPad mini 4 for £150.

2 Likes

3 year old drone tech.

DJIFLY is a hungry beast,

1 Like

I’m another who upgraded to a Mini 5 from a 4 when it started struggling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had this issue recently with an iPhone 6S. The warning popped up, shortly before the phone crashed completely and the phone battery was then severely depleted, even though it had been around 70% when I took off. Luckily my Mini 2 wasn’t very far away, so easy to bring it home, but worrying all the same.

Just in the process of upgrading to a new iPhone SE (2020) so hopefully that should mean I don’t run into the same issue in the future.

1 Like

All the failsafes will still work, so no need to worry