Crete photo

I have been to Crete for a week & decided to upgrade from Mavic mini to Mini Pro 3 just before. Glad I did but had a close call while out there.

I was up early one morning to get some pictures of Agii Theodori (I think this is correct name) & I managed to get a shot but then on the controller screen I seen a big bird appear. I got out of there fast. I wished I was screen recording at the time to capture it as I was curious to know what it was.

After I returned home & started editing the pictures I noticed one had a large bird heading straight towards my mini. Could have been 1st & last holiday for mini 3, luckily it is still here but assume it wouldn’t have stood a chance with a bird this big. Anyway here is the picture, can anyone spot the bird? Bonus points for type of bird.

6 Likes

Almost owl like ?

1 Like

Red Footed Falcon

5 Likes

I thought that, a few friends have said the same

This definitely what it is?

No, just guessing. I am The Anti-Twitcher :wink:

But this is a Red Footed Falcon …

2 Likes

Do they feed on mini pro 3’s

1 Like

A secret twitcher then? :wink:

1 Like

Possibly an Eleonora’s Falcon, whatever not the best thing to be eyeing you up

1 Like

Is that a bloke below that bird waters edge outside the cave ?

1 Like

I’ve not even had interest from a seagull or pigeon before now.

I did Spot that as well, can’t quite tell for sure, even on original image

That’s a stunning shot. :clap:

I’m off to Crete next week and this shot has persuaded me to take my Minipro 3 and see what I can capture.

Regs are sooo confusing. Did you need to take an additional test other than the one you took here in the UK to get your Operator / Flyer ID. Insurance necessary?

Seen so many conflicting posts contradicting each other it’s driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.

G

You just need to register drone with any EASA state, take a simple test & pay a little money as we ain’t in EU anymore. There are posts somewhere in this forum about it, might be able to help more this evening if you are struggling.

Also you’re supposed to get permission to fly each time but in the end I didn’t bother & just stayed away from anything that might get me in trouble, this might help with that… Drone Aware - GR

Take a look in our Travel Tips and Flying Abroad section, and search within that for Crete / Greece where they’re plenty of info … since that’s where all the Travel Tips are. :wink:

Here’s the link for Greece : Flying in Greece

Thanks so much for your responses.

I’ll get all the appropriate permissions etc and hopefully capture a few decent images whilst out in Crete.

Thank you for time in responding.

G