Critique please?

Love the video, as others have said.

I was waiting for the voice over which never came, but the pictures alone get the message across very well.

Have you considered Litchi for the pans?

I am a newbie in the drone and video editing world and found this whole experience very powerful. Thought your vid was brilliant, told the complete story in a fantastic way and with all the feedback on sudgestions it gave me lots to think about soooo much to learn. It makes my blood boil when I see people putting money first over protecting our invironement and planet.
So well done you should be very proud
Cheers
Dave :ok_hand::sunglasses:

Ops dropped this in wrong letter box sirry😂

I am a newbie in the drone and video editing world and found this whole experience very powerful. Thought your vid was brilliant, told the complete story in a fantastic way and with all the feedback on sudgestions it gave me lots to think about soooo much to learn. It makes my blood boil when I see people putting money first over protecting our invironement and planet.
So well done you should be very proud
Cheers
Dave :ok_hand::sunglasses:

1 Like

Nothing to say with regards the video itself that hasn’t already been said but sad to see the place under threat like this. I visited the sealife centre about 5 years ago and thought it was a good visitor attraction in a really nice location.

3 Likes

Thank you very much Dave. Of course, I’m always full of self doubt when it comes to these edits. It’s easy to get carried away. In the good old days, you would start with a storyboard, then get the shots you need, then edit them to fit what story you had planned. Now I just shoot as much as possible and throw it together in Final Cut in rough time sequence and then find some music that seem reasonable. It’s a long way from planned.
Thanks again. Good luck with your new hobby!

1 Like

I will try that Chris, I have Litchi, but its yet more of a learning curve.

1 Like

It’s such an amazing place, but we found out today at the public consultation that Argyll and Bute Council advised the company that it would be a very suitable “brownfield site” for them, so it will probably go through on a nod.

You have a great story to tell and have done a good job at showing it.
A couple of things that I think could make a difference though are;

1. When using music, especially as mood music try and use the music to aid you when you make a transition from one clip to another.
  2. Less can be more. Instead of showing several shots of the same thing ie. the red dot trees, pick a couple that really sell the story and hold them a little longer.
  3. If you can go back and take some video with your osmo, do it. You have some beautiful shots that look amazing and the odd shaky hand held stands out like bulldogs b@llux.

That being said, I bought into the story and enjoyed the edit.

1 Like

Thanks Tim.
I was quite pleased with the music, the way it built the tension. I agree with less is more though.

I’m going to go back when I get a break in the weather. Maybe even tomorrow.

Cheers.

What osmo do you have? Pocket or mobile?
Good luck with weather.

1 Like

Osmo mobile 3. Brilliant bit of kit.
The weather was so nice we went for a sail instead! Got some shots from the water though. Still waiting for my refund from Drones Direct to get my new Mavic.

Agree great bit of kit and not too hard to walk and keep it stable, using it at work to create training videos :+1:

1 Like

You have to learn to walk like a cat!

1 Like