Crown Wharf, Stone, Staffordshire and my first Adobe Lightroom Edit!

Taken today at 12ish with my mini 3 Pro. Was pretty windy again but getting used to ignoring it with this drone!

Bought a new laptop and decided to get an Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom Plan to go with it in a vain attempt to improve my edits and steer away from Snapseed! Hopefully this one isn’t too bad but I have lots to learn by the look of it! :rofl: :joy:

8 Likes

Is what I’m trying :grimacing:

Looks good! :+1:

1 Like

Don’t knock it, it’s a very worthy app for quick edits to post online :+1:

@Sparkyws Was not knocking Snapseed to be honest Wayne, and totally agree its ok for a quick phone edit but I asked myself how many Pro’s depend on it; and I guessed at not many. :blush:

The complexity and breadth of Lr and Ps and its subtle adjustments and layers create a workflow for me that I find both challenging and adictive. Thankfully, I have a stepson who is a pro photographer and way more creative than me to guide me through it. :grin:

2 Likes

I think as long as thing’s don’t look over processed you can certainly create your own look to a lot of things.

The amount of data in the RAW photos that can be manipulated and totally change what looked a pretty crappy image originally into something awesome. I’ll often spend a bit of time on images I’d normally have just dumped, just to see to see if there’s anything I may have overlooked. With just a couple of sliders you can make a pretty drab sky look very dramatic.