Cuningar Loop Woodland Park - Added to Forests and Trees in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

This small woodland park is in the middle of the City of Glasgow on a loop in the middle of the river Clyde. It is owned by Forestry & Land Scotland who allow drone flights from their property. From their website "You’re allowed to fly a drone on Scotland’s national forests and land, as long as you’re following the Civil Aviation Authority’s guidelines, including the Drone Code, and all other legal requirements, such as those relating to privacy/data protection, wildlife disturbance and the Health and Safety at Work Act. The CAA guidelines and Drone Code include the requirement to have your drone in sight at all times, which may not be possible in some forested areas. All pilots must follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and respect other people’s interests, care for the environment and take responsibility for your own actions. If you want to fly drones for professional reasons, please contact the relevant regional office to apply for permission as early as possible in your planning."

There is plenty of parking available with access points to the park from both sides of the river. One thing to note though, this park is normally very busy so I'd suggest early morning or late evening flights.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 28/11/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thank you again @Drumsagard for adding to the DroneScene map

1 Like

This one also adds the Night Flyer Badge to your profile! :+1:

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @Drumsagard :grin:

1 Like