Dalcairney Falls - Added to Rivers and Canals in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

There is a single-track road that goes all the way to the falls, though at points I was glad of the 4x4 (I wouldn't want to be doing it in a little hatchback). There is a space for parking at the falls that's big enough for two or three vehicles.

Be warned that there is a path down towards the falls, but it is quite steep and has some deep 'steps' with no handrail. It takes you to the top of a drop (~20ft cliff) down into the gorge where the waterfall is. You can't get right down to it, so you need to fly between some trees and then down. My Mini 3 struggled to get enough satellites for GPS and got very wet from the mist.

In summary: It's a nice location, but it's a bit out of the way and not the easiest of locations for an inexperienced pilot.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 16/11/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Tried to be up front in this - it wasn’t the most comfortable of places to fly my little Mini 3 (sketchy GPS, dropping down into a misty gorge between some trees :scream: )

It came back a little damp.

Oh, also, if you’re driving up you’ll come to a farm house about 200m before the falls and the road looks like it turns into a dirt track that’s impassable. It’s not. It’s just the potholes on that corner.

Better than VERY damp! :wink:

Damp? I didn’t know know the mini 3 was waterproof …
:fearful: