Dead Pixels in DJI Goggles 3?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to FPV and was wondering if it’s common to have dead pixels in goggles. My last set had three tiny dead pixels that were barely noticeable, but I returned them for an exchange. The replacements I received have only one dead pixel. Is this a common issue? Should I keep this set or risk exchanging them again and possibly getting a worse pair? :smiley:

Which goggles are they? I’ve not had any but they older tech, not sure these OLED screens have this as a common issue?

Hi @GunjaFPV,

They are the DJI Goggles 3. The dead pixel is so small that it’s like a speck. To be honest, you wouldn’t notice it unless you specifically looked for it. I may just keep them, but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Get them sent back - shouldn’t happen and will be replaced under warranty.

Had a try of some today and they’re very nice !

3 Likes

I’m thinking I might give them a call tomorrow. It seems to be a common issue with OLED screens, based on what I’ve found. However, since I’m outside the 14-day return window, they may not accept it back. Most manufacturers have a policy that requires a certain number of defective pixels before they consider an exchange.

DJI are usually pretty good. Wouldn’t worry about 14 days

1 Like

After escalating, DJI has agreed to replace them

3 Likes

great news, they always seem to try to deflect a request initially but usually are pretty good.

Especially when it’s a new product

I have been having the same problem. I ordered the Avata 2 with Goggles 3. I had been dreaming of this drone package for a while and finally saved up enough to buy the starter package. When I received it I noticed several dead pixels on both screens, I was devastated. After several emails etc Dji support agreed to have them replaced. Now they quickly sent me a brand new package with Goggles which also have dead pixels. I have just received the return labels to get them replaced again but if the third set a faulty then I will just sadly request a full refund and I feel I am entitled to that. I was wondering if the original poster received there replacement and was they ok??

Hi @Dan7470, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Hi Dan

I did eventuality get a replacement with no dead pixels. It was after the 3rd set though and was classsd as a repair not a replacement. With the repair I think it goes thought a QA inspection before it is sent back.

1 Like

Hi Grockerman
Thanks for the reply hopefully that’s what there planning with mine this time. I will persist to a point but it’s definitely a annoying keep having to send them back though.

1 Like

There attempting to repair them but trying to say that they can’t find a problem. I said they just need to wait for the screen saver there’s multiple dead pixels in each of the two screens. I just don’t know what to do, I wouldn’t of thought such a massive company like DJi could be so incompetent. The amount of stress this has caused is unreal.