Decided to get a spare Mavic Pro

Hi all,

I decided to get a pair Mavic Pro so I looked about, prices from £450 down to £100 for the most knocked about drone I have ever seen.

Searching I found a site wither 12 on, MPB a camera site new and used? At this moment there is 16 on there prices £250 to £200 so I purchased one as backup.

Now hears the strange thing they list the charges the battery has done? When it arrived the carrying bag and parts looked new, so I looked at the feet not a scratch anywhere on it I took out the battery compartment it was so clean!

I connected my PC to it and could not download the flight records? it came with a controller so test flight with out props on my dinner table, After the setup I pulled the two joysticks down and together the movers ran at 220 rpm. tried record then off. Looking at the flight record again there was one flight of 3 mins and it was mine. I think they’re old stock sold as used??
Link below

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/product/dji-mavic-pro?page=2

1 Like

MPB are good. 6 month guarantee, too. :+1:

2 Likes

Had a few bits of camera gear from them, always in better nick than described and never had to send anything back. I got a cracking wide angle lens from them a couple years ago, Nikon, described as Good. It was absolutely mint apart from a couple of small scratches on the mount

Another positive MPB customer here - great service and very fair in their description of what is for sale - strongly recommend :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi all,
Yes a fast and well packed and delivered service from MPB. Good com’s and right price!

J

1 Like

I bought a ‘well used’ Mavic Pro from MPB a couple of weeks ago, the only issues I can see are that one of the spare props has a small chip, and the controller had the little thumb stick missing (£5 to replace). I’d had to send back a Mavic Air I bought from them which had a gimbal issue. It is worth paying a little bit extra to buy from them due to the warranty and great customer service.

:+1: :+1: for MPB from me too. I’ve bought lots of cameras and lenses of them over the years and my first thought when they arrive is, it looks like it’s never been used.

I just looked at their website, i have a mini 3 pro, just wondering if having a mavic pro would be a better one to use. Thoughts anyone?

It depends where you want to fly it. The Mini 3 Pro is less than 250g, so has very few restrictions on where you can fly it.
Have a look at Good 2 Go to see if the Mavic Pro would suit your needs

1 Like

Totally agree with you the com’s is first class

I looked at getting a Mini 3 pro before I go my spare Mavic Pro, the mini 3 range is enormous but on analysing them the only difference was better object avoidance and the camera, the camera can put £1,000 on the bill but the drone is the same on all mini 3 models.

So I compared the Mini 3 against my Mavic Pro, small differences apart from the camera, the video off the Mavic Pro is good enough for me the only editing I do is chop off the boring bits and add a title!

So I purchased a spare wich is my main drone and my 52 hrs underwater Mavic Pro which fly’s perfect can sit back now!

I have both. I wanted the cheaper Mavic Pro to fly in more risky conditions in the country where I’d be a lot more worried about losing my Mini 3 Pro. There is a lot of water where I live and the thought of dropping any drone into it is bad enough, but at least I’d only be losing a relatively cheap one with the Pro. In terms of flying the Pro is quite quiet for it’s size. It has good flight time and no connection issues. Also because it is so much bigger you can maintain VLOS out beyond 500M. Considering its age the camera is still decent but not comparable to the M3P if you really need clear footage.

I wish I never sold my Mavic pro with the goggles so much fun, only downside as today were spoilt with extended batteries where Mavic pro be 27 mins but be lucky to get 20 mins and RTH to consider.

I liked it as you could hack it free and a hacked DJI Go 4 app, also there was the simple DJI Super-Patcher :+1: plenty of talk on the subject on the forum. Enjoy

Good flying weather today bright and 4K winds up twice very nice.