Derby meet-up East Midlands on Sunday July 21st 2024

Thank you, that stops me from being sent to sit on the naughty step for a week.
I really enjoyed watching the flying although my drone stayed in its case except for a briefscouting flight from the car park to see which direction to head.
I live between Nottingham and Derby and have very flexible availability if anyone in the area or visiting wants to meet. Please be warned, I can, at times, make the average box of frogs appear to be quite sane.
Thanks to all involved in organising this. Can the next one have parking which doesn’t have a 2.0m barrier please? I had to let the air out of my suspension to get in and out.

1 Like

haha 2m barriers are not great , i had to attend a job at manchester airport the equipment was located in a room at the top of the carpark i smashed every light in there that day oops

2 Likes

Luckily I have air suspension and can let it down. I remember in the 80’s when CB was popular one of the multi storey car parks in Doncaster very rarely had all of its lights after the CB club meetings. Nothing to do with the antenna I had on my Moggy van…

3 Likes

Sorry about the 2m height barrier at the car park entrance. I’ll tell the council to remove it next time ( it’s there to deter a certain caravan group with Irish accents) :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Just a lashup from our meetup yesterday. Had a great time and the vids a bit of fun really.

12 Likes

Some cracking shots in that video.

2 Likes

Brilliant, thanks

2 Likes

@LloydRey Thanks Lloyd. :+1:

1 Like

Lovely video Colin :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Cheers matey. Good job. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @JockyB for arranging the East Midlands Meet.

Good time had myself and all who attended.

I even caught a bit of sun too :+1:t2:

6 Likes

And another video… not much on it apart from AVATA footage, but you do see the folks there and glimpses of other drones and hubby’s RC car…

10 Likes

Nice footage, nice gate flying, love the following of the car

2 Likes

@JockyB :wink:

1 Like

Already added …

3 Likes

Yep, Colin asked if he could add it to Dronescene and I told him to go ahead :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I was just thinking of this video and how brilliant that field transition is of no one on it to people on it, absolutely brilliant, I know it’s been a while but couldn’t help myself giving this feedback.

1 Like

@LloydRey Cheers Lloyd. You’re the only one that noticed it I think. It was made from two stacked identical flights, (obviously at different times of the day) and opposite opacity shifts, and I thought it was cool too! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::hugs:

I recall shouting out to my wife, babe come see this, how the hell did they do that, having the exact same flight path, amazing work

1 Like

@LloydRey It’s easier than you think Lloyd with a mini4 Pro. I created a waypoint mission in the comfort of my armchair at home whilst sipping a cup of tea and listening to Classic FM… and it was raining at the time if I recall correctly! :rofl::rofl:

I’m working on a video project that, at the moment has so far taken me nearly 9 months and I reckon I’ve got another 9 months at least to go yet before I can start to edit the footage. :nerd_face:

2 Likes