Derwent Reservoir nr. Consett - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in North East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I was passing here traveling between work sites. There are quite a few laybys on the road running around the reservoir so I just used one of these. The road itself was very quiet but timed my TOAL to avoid all traffic and passersby. Also a few picnic sites and footpaths in the area but not sure of permissions for these. Lovely area and well worth a visit!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 18/03/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thank you @CSB73 for adding to the map

1 Like

I was politely asked to leave this site by the site warden, stating drones are not allowed to be flown in the vicinity of the reservoir, and definitely not over the water.
The guy was quite pleasant about it and I just packed up and left - shame really because it’s quite a scenic area and local to me.

It’s always worth an ask what rule and on who’s authority he is speaking, especially if he is so nice.

I think he probably just meant you can’t take off from their land @skydiver :blush:

I would agree with Rich. When I flew there, I was on a public right of way as per my original post. Much like the NT/EH lot just can’t TOAL from their land. Can’t understand you being told about not flying over the water, though. That’s seems odd. Would like to know the reason for that. Anyone else ever been told that when flying over a reservoir??

I will pay it another visit and see if I can get any clarification, if he is about…

1 Like

See if you can educate him for us @skydiver :smiley: