Disadvantages of keeping already bound Mavic 3?

Which controller do you have?
RCN1
RC Pro
Mini 3 Pro RC?

I’ve tested it it flies as expected it flies to its set max altitude & frightens me in sport mode & flies are fair distance until the signal gets sketchy, I have both controllers currently on N1 currently as I’ve had my 5 goes on RC that’s the bummer I bought it on the strength of being able to use RC controller as I really like it as unlike the phone the screen doesn’t dull in direct sunshine.

Soo have the Mini RC controller.

You are onto a winner here.
If you have or get the RC hacked for FCC by sincoder, the hack does more than is evident to most users.
I posted a picture a week or so ago where I said the keen eyed will see it, unfortunately I don’t think anyone looked deep enough into the photo. Or just could not be bothered to look.

The hack that sincoder does to FCC the controller (RC Pro or Mini 3 RC) also removes all flight restrictions due to logging in.
Meaning, if you log out of your account, the drone flys the same as it does if you are logged in, no 30m height or 100m distance restrictions.
There will be no flight logs, unfortunately, but all the characteristics of the drone are the same and everything works, return to home etc.

So if it was a good price and you can’t get your cash back, it’s not all lost.
It will fly as normal, just not logged to your account, as you will be logged out of your account

1 Like

not aware of any such restrictions logged in?

The drone will only allow you to fly it 5 or so times before the controller displays something like, I may have the wording wrong, but its something like this, “drone restricted to 30m 100m etc please log into account enable full flight with no restrictions”

3 Likes

ah, I see.

I am always logged in

Why be logged out? Unless I am missing something?

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

See the first post :wink:

Or folks who think that DJI are spying on them

1 Like

You do not have to be logged into a DJI account if the RC is hacked.
So DJI don’t know who is flying the drone, and they can’t put any restriction on you.

2 Likes

Had this issue with Air 2s - if the registered user reports it lost/stolen DJI can for want of a better word Brick it. I was lucky that I had the users email so got them to deregester it so I could register it in my name.

3 Likes

That’s my biggest concern sadly all I have is a part email address & a picture of someone’s kitchen with a grey haired lady washing up :joy:

1 Like

A lot to go on then , not , I know it’s a gutter but I’d personally do what you feel is right for you , I’m only giving my advice , rather than be more gutted further down the line if it did not work properly but hopefully whatever you decide to do all goes well :+1:t2:

2 Likes

So I guess when buying used drones we have to be carful that there not still bound to the previous owner right , I’ve been looking at a couple used recently and I’d like to make sure I don’t get caught short , if distance is not a million miles away , I’d rather go and check everything before I buy also make sure it’s un bound just to be on the safe side , I wouldn’t buy blind I’d always try and collect unless it was brand new sealed but that’s just me .

Personally, I wouldn’t recommend ITStor. I got my Air2S from there. The remote didn’t work, and all sorts of faffing around on eBay messages to prevent its return so I just bought another remote in the end. Also, the props supplied, the bags were already open, 2 were chipped and 1 had a crack down its length, so completely useless.

In my experience, there is no benefit to ‘official refurbished’ - just buy a new one!

Cheers - Rob.

I’m convinced they purchased a pallet of Amazon returns ditched the batteries resealed the boxes & called them refurbished without even checking them. Amazon need to do the same as Very you open it you register it YOU OWN IT end of !

You will have to jump through several hoops with PayPal to get a refund. I know from experience as it took me 2 months and gathering of evidence in a case i had with a private seller on eBay. Might even be trickier as a trader is involved.

1 Like

Recently got scammed on eBay trying to buy Mavic 3 combo to be fair to eBay & PayPal they coughed up in under 2 weeks anyhoo update on drone apparently the first check they do is for binding & mine slipped through their checking their inventory & arranging a replacement unit so it’s been a bit of a faff but all worked out :smiley:

Update : Itstor are taking back the bound Mavic 3 & I’m sending them some more cash & they’re sending me Mavic 3 combo & they’re guaranteeing this time its unbound ? This is the last chance saloon for Itstor if they mess this up I’m throwing in the towel on the Mavic 3 & buying the Avata I don’t need it I just want it :smiley:

@OfficerDoofie did you try ask them for any discount or they should gift you better as a gesture of good will for the grief they caused you ? Sorry only saying as I’m the sort of person to haggle :smile: especially when you start spouting the distance and selling regs or not fit for purpose and that being a drone could of caused serious consequences , god for bid if it went wrong air borne , just saying that’s just me , hope your next one is all good :+1:t2:

If it all works out as intended :thinking: I’ve bagged a bargain it’s a sweet deal :sunglasses:

1 Like