Disadvantages of keeping already bound Mavic 3?

Okay so got me a refurbished allegedly refurbished Mavic 3 obviously it’s pristine arrived retail boxed with brand new boxed battery anyhoo its nice flys well however it’s already bound to the original purchaser :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Now apart from not being to view or produce flight logs & never being able to sell it on are there any other notable problems if I chose to keep it ? Been on to DJI & they’ve been as much use as a chocolate fire guard it was registered 55 days ago I have a partial email address to go on, I’ll explore this avenue.see if I can track the original owner down. I’ve informed the company I purchased from that is unacceptable & I’m unhappy! So do I keep it or send it back ?

Who did you get it from ?

1 Like

Itstor apparently one of eBay’s finest best in their top seller program after a little more investigation they knew about this issue not just on the Mavic 3 Mini 2’s are even worse. Being the nice reasonable chap I am I thought I’d give them a heads up in case they weren’t aware :joy: They knew all along.

1 Like

DJI can assign it to you - no issues there.

I have seen them do it multiple times.

Now whether this is just for Amazon deliveries, I have no idea. But I doubt it.

1 Like

Hi I’m no expert on this but have read similar stories were devices are still bound to the previous owner , that sometimes causing logging in issues & updates further down the line & will only fly so far etc , as said I’m no expert & there’s people on here that have much more knowledge than me , having spent good money ( for me personally ) I’d be asking for an exchange , if I’m wrong sorry for the advice but I just wouldn’t want the headache of if or something has or will cause issues now or further down the line , also just in case your outside of your period for returning the goods if the worst did happen , just my thoughts !

1 Like

DJI might attempt to contact previous owner & ask them to unbind but no promises & if the original owner doesn’t unbind it’s stuck as is :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’ve had some bad experiences with dji in the past , forever had to chase them , just be carful as if you miss your cooling off for returns then you be more hacked off , hopefully you might have a bit more luck with dji ( customer services ) I personally found them useless & stopped using my warranty & care refresh & payed for things out my own pocket , no offence just saying .

1 Like

The previous owner is not contacted AFAIK if you show you have purchased it.

I decided after a brief web chat they DJI customer services weren’t really interested just kept saying their policy is to prevent theft even though I can prove it came boxed with a verifiable receipt. I have a enough of the email address to have a shot at tracking down the first owner. Fortunately I paid with PayPal item not fit for purpose so I won’t lose out. I’m reasonable I’ll give Itstor (BuyCleverStuff) an opportunity to do the right thing before I act

Ask again and ask them to assign directly to you.

I guarantee that they do this once they have checked it was not stolen.

I would not return it.

They did this on a Mini 2 for me and I have read of many others.

But your choice.

2 Likes

Ok , if you feel it’s worth the shot & as you said brought with PayPal so your covered , you do what’s best for you mate , only reason also I mentioned to return it as would that be easier than having to kinda find a needle in haystack & get a replacement just to lesson the headache , we’re all different and my opinion may differ from others , maybe because I can be inpatient but that’s just me , hope it all gets sorted :+1:t2:

I’m inclined to keep it & will try DJI again & again I’ll be relentless they’ll get fed up with me :joy: & hopefully give in

3 Likes

Dronegeek has probally got more experience than me & sounds like he knows his stuff , so maybe as he said get back on too them with what he has underlined .

Exactly how I used to be :smile:

Attempt no1 not the result I was hoping for but I’ll keep trying :rage:

1 Like

In previous instances I’ve read about they are not interested.

I’d send it back

fair enough - pretty sure mine was bound - maybe I am mis-understanding on the status.

They use the word for ‘tied to account’ and ‘care refresh status

The latter is easy to change (and transferable) the first is a pain

1 Like

So in view that they DJI can’t or won’t help would you keep it ? I’m under the impression that apart from the flight log issue & using other controllers what other potential downsides are there ? I’m led to be believe unbound drone could have flight limits put on it altitude,speed, etc or should I cut my losses send it back & buy something else. It’s a shame I got a sweet deal on it if it’s just flight logs & not being able to use RC controller I could live with it if they hobbled the aircraft that’d be a deal breaker !

Does it let you fly normally (high and far) ?