DJI Air 2S ND Filters Recommendations

Recommendation on ND filters. I have Mavic Air 2S, and looking to use ND filters for those milky cloud/ water shots. What manufacturer do people recommend?

I’m using Freewell,have been for years, not the most expensive but do the job, ND16 is a common one for me, most of the material I get I don’t need anymore, post editing through cs6 I can add more afterwards

1 Like

@Dren thanks for that! :+1:

1 Like

Most people swear by the Freewell ones, but they’ve done a very good job ensuring most of the YouTubers have received them for free in exchange for a nice review.

I’ve got cheap ones from Amazon by ‘SunnyLife’ all be it for the Mini 2, and only use them for long exposures or when filming a moving objects. Which is not a lot of the time so hence cheap ones. They do a good enough job to add the desired ‘blur effect’ for me.

No doubt the Freewell probably are better, but the joy of Amazon is you can return stuff easily if it don’t do what you want it to.

I found this little ‘hack’ useful for finding the right filter to go for without too much faffing about.

3 Likes

@firstadekit That’s really useful, many thanks!
:+1:

I’ve got Freewell & PGYTech.
The Freewell are standard ND 4,8,16,32,64 & a polarising CP clear. There nice. Slightly heavier than the PGYTech BUT the biggest & more noticeable difference is all my PGYTech (ND4-64) are all polarising. Annoying if you don’t work out the angles of the sun pre-flight & move the dial but so worth the gain on colours. Better histogram & definitely more vivid when in flat light.
I’ve been playing around with longer exposure on my DSLR using ND1000 & getting super smooth water & earey looking ‘empty’ cities so will definitely be trying some slower speeds on the drones. :+1:

1 Like

@MTLakes appreciate the insight, especially using a ND1000 on a DSLR.