DJI assistant 2 for consumer drones ( won’t let you refresh firmware ) on RC

I noticed this the other day that the DJI assistant 2 consumer drones will not let you ( refresh ) the FW on your controller, in my case the rc pro, as I’d just got my windows laptop back from having a whole operator system re instal due to it crashing I thought it was maybe the laptop, so I tried it on my MacBook, two Macs to be precise & it still did not give you the option to refresh the FW you are on, I’m not on about updating just refreshing the FW your on,
So with that I plugged in my drone & the assistant gave me the option to upgrade or refresh the drone, I done this to see if or there may have been a server error on the DJI side of things, so I tried the rc again & still no option to refresh, I was going to post this here the other day to see if anyone else had noticed this but then stumbled across this a minute ago from drone hacks using the dank drone downloader to refresh the FW ( which I knew you could do this anyway ) just refresh ( not roll back )
Does anyone know about this as maybe DJI have taken away the option to refresh the FW on the rc within using assistant 2, maybe a force to update ? Just a thought as the option is there to update but not refresh !
This is the latest version of assistant 2 for consumer,

Here’s a short video from infinity drones / drone hacks, although the video states upgrade he clearly states refresh or load so thought I’d post as an example as to what I’ve stated above.

1 Like

Keep it away from your MacBook, its a PoS

1 Like

Yes I don’t plug nothing into that ( DJI wise ), other than was just cross referencing to see if it was as stated above.