DJI Avata Propellers

thought I’d plot this here (so I can find it later + may be of use to someone else).

With regards to the DJI Avata + propellers:
DJI Standard Propellers are: 5 blade, 2925S (marked) propellers (2.9" dia + 2.5" pitch) {not sure what the “S” denotes}
Master Airscrew; 3 blade, 3B 2927 (marked) propellers (2.9" dia + 2.7" pitch)
master Airscrew: 4 blade, 4B 2929 (marked) propellers (2.9" dia + 2.9" pitch)

in theory the master airscrew should be faster than the dji standard, this is due to the greater pitch + lower number of blades (less drag) although that would only be apparent in manual mode as I believe that normal and sport modes are speed limited via GPS internally + pitch. I’ve tried the DJI originals and they seemed fine, the master airscrew 3 blades seemed to provide a greater flight time (I suspect that this was due to 3-blade (less drag) + greater pitch). Not tried the 4 blades yet, will do so as a tree / low lying branch decided to take a swipe at the avata… did not seem to have any damage following inspection, but under restart it had a LOT of vibration, and seemed to loose two blades on the same prop, when it was given a throttle burst test (must have had hairline cracks?)

I’m aware that there seems to be a few alternative propellers available for the avata now (using the standard guards), although I’ve read that the major advantage of 5 blade props is stability / less vibration and it is after all a cinematic drone.

3 blade master airscrew seemed to work well with the motion controller and gave increased flight time. but on manual mode the avata did suffer from yaw spin issues quite badly (I must admit that i never flew DJI standard props on manual mode, and I’ve not flown the 4 blade master airscrew props yet in any mode).