DJI Battery Killer repairing tool

not yet supported. DJI Inspire 1 and DJI Matrice 600 / 600 Pro is the same bms. i have tested it before :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info, appreciated!

Hi @ruDzter, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Mavic 3 battery firmware

BMS FW 1100 is with old Passwort, BMS FW 1200 is with new Password

Download the zip file here

2 Likes

Battery parameters

Download the zip file here

User Manual

User Manual Download

Bit Register

Download

Available Here

Hello all,

I have been trying to reclaim my batteries using the ‘DJI Battery Killer’ for some time now. I tried downloading your link to DJi_‘Battery_killer_ver.0.5beta2_01.02.2022’ and running on a Windows 10 computer (actually a VM) with latest updates applied.

I get the message(s) that the following files are missing:
vcruntime140.dll
mfc140u.dll
msvcp140.dll

After some research found these are the non debug versions of the dll. A blog suggested downloading the ‘C++ Redistributable’ for 2015 to fix. This didn’t change the symptom.

Also worth mentioning I haven’t done any Windows dev (only C++ Linux).

Any guidance you could give would be massively appreciated.

Best,
Mark T.

Not sure about using it on a VM and I cant find any info

When installed on a Windows 11 machine no other software or download packs were needed

This is the directory of the extracted zip, you did extact it before running the exe :thinking:

This is the error I get if not extracted

Curious if you had Visual Studio installed for your case. The three files I mentioned:
mfc140u(d).dll
vcruntime140(d).dll
ucrtbase(d).dll
The zip you used (and myself) only has the debug versions.

As I understand it, the ‘d’ appended signifies the debug version of the dll library. Without the ‘d’ is the release version. From my reading, to run the debug version requires either Visual Studio or the ‘C++ Redistibutable’ package installed. Have not installed Visual Studio yet, but did install the other with no change on symptoms.

My other reference is, I had installed DJIBatteryKiller app from another source previously. It had both debug and release dll’s, and fired up ok, however, still would not connect with a battery – a working battery – the error ‘ERROR Could not perform SMBus read 0x00’.

Also, looking at another solution provider (for fee): TRB by PatBoon.Lab
Looks to maybe to be more polished, however their response was they had deprecated the previous offering in lieu of a new product. Sigh…

Anyway, I do appreciate you engaging on this.

Best,
Mark T.

Yes I do but cant see that making a difference

No mine are not the debug version

ERROR: Could not perform SMBus read 0x00
this means that there is no response from the BMS and/or the BMS is faulty and/or the battery is very low. First, try connecting the battery to the charger (you can also connect to the BMS data bus at the same time as the charger), then try reading the data from the battery again. If the data cannot be read again, then check what voltage is on each battery cell. The voltage must be at least 3.3 volts on each battery cell. If the voltage on any cell is lower, then charge the battery cells using a laboratory power supply or any suitable power source and then try reading the information from the BMS of the battery again.

https://greyarro.ws/t/useful-downloads/1798/15?u=sparkyws

Hi,

Hey thanks for the feedback.

I installed Visual Studio, and didn’t help – you are right.

Maybe something to do with being a VM. I am all Mac here, so would have to buy a computer to get native.

Will try the little box from AliExpress. Need to find out first if they require native Windows, etc.

Couple quick questions:

1. Do you know if you have to crack the battery open to charge up enough to read the BMS? At that point, it is diminishing return.
  2. Do you think being Windows 10 vs 11 might have anything to do with it?

Thanks and best,
Mark T.

Unlocking Mavic 3 Battery

Thanks again Sparkyws.

Taking a little break from my battery woes, and waiting to the new little tool from AliExpress.

I tend to go down the rabbit hole on problems I cannot solve, so a break is good.

If I can’t get it solved I will increase my working battery count from 2 to 4, and keep them on a smart charger.

Best,
Mark T.

2 Likes

Possibly if the cell voltage is to too low

No I,ve ran it on both and on Windows 7

Where are you based?

On the other side of the world in Ramona, California.

Yes, I agree it is likely the cell voltages are too low. I have 5 batteries like this. Most say you must crack the shell open to charge up some. At least one person eluded you could charge without cracking. Haven’t tried that, however.

Aside from the battery issue, I really love my little Mavic Air. Such a technology marvel. I surveyed an entire mountain on my property with it. I now have a 3d overlay for Google Earth, so I can hike virtually to discover the best path to the top.

1 Like

That is a pitty, I was going to offer to see if I could resurrect them for you :wink: but seeing as you are not close to Manchester it’s a no-go :frowning_face: