DJI Fly app crashing

Sorry for bringing this up AGAIN, but is anyone else having issues with the FLY app.

I’ve tried all the previous listed things, one by one, clearing cache, checking the permissions, re-installing, resetting the permissions after re-installing, checking the USB permissions when plugging into the RC-N1 and checking for Android patches (Google Pixel 4a).

I’ve not tried throwing the phone at the floor.

I’ve been using this phone and drone for over 18 months, and never had any issue after any ‘upgrade’.

Anyone have any suggestions (other than Litchi)?

Kind regards
Jerry

Have tried an older version

2 Likes

Hi. Yes, but still crashes before I can read any error message. Ideally I’d like to find the dmesg error, not that I’d understand it, but at least pointing to a possible incompatibility.

I even switched it off and on!

When you are installing an old version what version is it? And you have to be careful it’s auto updating straight away

Install with no internet or data

I have the same problem & its with the same phone. Started doing it today. Done all of the obvious things clear cache, uninstalled. Download from the website. Havent tried a older version thou. Running 1.6.9 currently

Hi. I ended up making sure I’d backed up all the photos and WhatsApp messages, then did a factory reset blitz.

During the restore, I deselected restore apps, and then in the play store, have selected apps that I actually use.

I then downloaded the APK for the latest version and it runs OK. (AND I now have 80gb of space).

Good luck
Jerry

1 Like

Will give this a try tomorrow. Cheers :ok_hand::pray:

The Mini 2 has not had any app updates since 1.4.2 other than the expo stick adjustments which I think was 1.4.8

I have found that 1.4.2 is the most stable

1 Like

That sounds a bit extreme, just to fix one app.

Do you think it was your phone that was at fault?

1 Like

I’ve unlocked my mini 2 using the drone hacks app, to be honest since then I’ve not updated anything and having no issues at all. Sometimes once it’s working good why update it?

2 Likes

I does seem extreme for 1 app. It did work for me but it was short lived! Its now doing it again after only a few weeks and i only opened the app a hand full of times. Also iv now notice that my phone Google Pixal 5 has been removed from the conpatable devices. So i guess thats 1 reason why :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hi. I’m currently offshore working, so no droning.

I think the issue was more to do with an Android 12 update, especially as Fly is installed through an APK, rather than through Play. At the time installing the latest version of fly on a clean Android 12, everything worked ok.

As I’m offshore I currently have updates off, but my phone is pestering me to install Android 13.

I’m lucky I also have an old work phone, as that no longer gets updates, it is my backup screen.

When I get home I’ll do the Android update when I know I won’t be flying for a few days, but at least I have plan b.

Kind regards
Jerry

If you’re still having the issue I had a similar issue with the go 4 app get in touch with dji they sent a link to download worked for me give it a try.

1 Like

Hi
I’ve been noticing the last week or so , when I launch the DJI fly app V 1.6.8 for iOS on my I phone 12 , sometimes it kicks me off and goes back to my ( screen sometimes black or the apps showing ) I’ve noticed it more since when I launch the app with data ON so I can load the maps then I switch it in to airplane mode , then when I go back to the app sometimes it does not want to respond in airplane mode , so I then clear the app again then it decides to work , I have always cleared my caches and never had this problem before and would not want this to happen in flight , has anyone else had this issue or could it be that now many more fly app updates since the version I’m running and the said version is getting a bit old or not properly supported anymore ,or maybe the update of iOS 16 might not be suitable for that version anymore and maybe I need to update the app which I’m trying to avoid , any thoughts would be helpful , many thanks .