Dji fly app settings version 1.6.9 iOS has something changed in the camera settings

Hello all
As Ive not had the drone out for a couple of weeks I thought I’d go for a quick spin before the rain comes in later , so I thought I’d check all my settings ( with everything powered up and connected ) before I set out .
Firstly I noticed in the app under obstacle avoidance there was only two options rather than the three that only gave the option to brake can’t remember the name of the other one ( but by pass was missing ) didn’t get a screen shot of that so I can’t replicate it .
Then when I went in to camera settings for the mp4 or mov , h264 or h265 cinelike etc it was not there , like it had gone unless it’s my mistake or I’m doing something wrong which I don’t remember having to do this last time I used the drone , so seeing all the stories off problematic fly app issues is why I was checking first . Illustrated bellow screen shot

So I then decided to power everything off close the app and reboot and check it all again , when I went back into the app the obstacle options brake bypass and the third option was back sorry can’t remember the name of it but all was back ( avoid maybe it’s called ) so checking threw the settings allow gimbal upward rotation had turned its self off ( which was on before I done the reboot ) then I went onto the camera settings again and the stack of what I thought was the usual options was still not there illustrated below in another shot .

Ok so that is showing what I thought was originally missing and unless I have over looked something , I only stumbled across this when I was pulling the phone out of the rc and accidently tapped a function button illustrated below ,

Is this or was this the correct way to find what I was looking for ? I can only go on what I tried to find on the net before posting this for some advice but the videos on this setting I’ve found the latest one is about a year old and shows the whole stack by just going to camera settings by pressing the three dots top right corner go to camera and it’s all there and not what I discovered above ( pressing the camera button ) :point_up_2:t2: , does anyone know if this is normal and the possibility of settings in the fly app updates over the past have changed , or has this always been the procedure as I honestly can’t remember and if I’m wrong or wasted time I can only but apologise , I just found that along with the other 2 things above ( gimbal and avoidance had changed without touching them ) a little concerning when cross referenced with the problems we have seen or heard of recent , sorry it’s a long question but I wanted to detail it so it could be understood properly ( hopefully ) , people say “ set it and forget it with certain settings “ but maybe these days it’s set it but check it Always :man_shrugging:t2: , I appreciate any input , Thanyou .

What have i told you about updating the app :scream: :scream: :scream: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I’ve not it’s the same one honest but I’m thinking of updating it as I can’t refresh as iOS the latest is 1.7.0 :scream: loada s@@t
@Sparkyws to your knowledge then is that incorrect :thinking: I’ll just burn it serious then I’ll post it on here !

Molten plastic like a bbq :hot_face: then I’ll dance round it !

My advice would be stay on the one your on and check all the setting and do a test flight

iOS versions are all good, no need to update as there is nothing new for your drone anyway and it could kill your DH

It’s doing weird things , I’ve literally used it put it away then this old crap :rofl:

DH Says 1.7.0 is all good :face_with_monocle: lol

Yes into a brick wall :smile::smile::smile:

I know you saw that yesterday and you posted about it and I knew then you couldn’t wait to update it

DH will always say don’t update if it’s working as they can never know what DJI are up to and even if one says it’s ok it may stop another from working

So it’s best to stay put!

Get back in your box :package: :smile::joy::scream::grimacing:

I’ve not updated I’m still on the 1.6.9 hand on heart , I just found a video YT GAVINHR it shows the same as mine ( not stacked ) :thinking:
I can smell fire coming :smile:

@Kirky it’s been 15mins - have you updated it yet? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

:smile: from what I just found it has to be in video mode to adjust those or see those values / not under camera but only under camera when in video mode , is that correct :smile:

No rich I’ve not :smile::smile::smile: I think you have to have it in video mode not photo to get that stack do you no if that’s right mate , ( your honour :rofl: ) :pray:t2:

This is the closest I have to a hammer at mo tho

Edit I’ve just found that , that might help

Yes, it always been that way as it’s a video setting, not a photo setting :grinning:

HAHAHAHA you guys are great , love it I can take the wind up thanks guys , I was just about to ring drone doctor :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whats 1.7.0 like :wink:

After the update my next videos were recorded at 24fps. I have always used 30fps. The update has changed my setting - I now need to check all the other settings. Bit of a pain.