DJI Fly download issue Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

Bought a new tablet yesterday for the sole purpose of downloading DJI Fly and using that rather than using my phone. However, the app doesn’t seem to listed on Google Play any more. I tried downloading it from directly from the DJI website, but this seems to be a .apk file and my tablet doesn’t recognise it. Anyone else had this issue? Can you see the app listed or is it just me?

2 Likes

What tablet?

Never had an issue downloading direct.
What message(s) do you get when you download it?

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite

Message come up as ‘This file is not recognised’

Update:. Managed to get the app on the tablet by copying it from my phone using the Samsung Smart Switch app.

Weird little glitch though.

It’s not on the Play store anymore

If your using the mini 2 the best version is 1.4.2

These are the instructions to install an apk from unknown sources

1. From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
  2. Navigate: Settings. Apps. …
  3. Tap. Menu icon. (upper-right).
  4. Tap. Special access. .
  5. Tap. Install unknown apps. .
  6. Select the unknown app then tap the. Allow from this source switch.

Thanks Sparky :+1:t3:

1 Like

One possible alternative, specific to Samsungs, or maybe even Samsung Galaxies, is the Galaxy Store. It should be easily findable and installable from there. But, they’re stuck on version 1.4.0, from April 2021. Still, as I recall, it will suggest an update shortly after you start it up, you might need to click through an allow or two, and after that, the app keeps itself up to date, checking again each time it’s started.

1 Like

This link has all versions from v3 onwards including DJI fly [v1.4.2]

(DJI Fly 1.4.2 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror)

Scroll past the ads to the bottom of the page for the complete list.

Be careful of the ad. traps