DJI FPV Battery dead?

I have not picked up the DJI FPV for a few months and I may have left the batteries low. 2 of the three charged without issue but the third just shows a solid red light on the charger. Is it totally dead or could it reanimate if left on the charger?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Contact Dji they should replace it

2 Likes

Even if its over a year old? Known issue then?

Yes it should last longer than a year, it’s probably faulty and the bms has shut down for safety reasons

2 Likes

Thanks guys, opened support request and DJI said they will replace free of charge! Awesome :grinning:

2 Likes

It only takes one cell to go below 2.8 Volt and the BMS will disable battery.

As with all DJI Smart batteries it is possible, using a CP2112 breakout board and DJI Battery Killer software to disable the Power Failure (PF) flag and enable charging again.

I’d only recommend doing the above as a last resort as I found that to get access to the i2C connections I had to break open the battery. In my case it was a fruitless exercise as the faulty cell would no longer hold a charge.

2 Likes

Replacement battery received today. Top marks for DJI :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Richard, was your DJI FPV over a year old? I called and chatted with DJI support and they are telling me that since it’s over a year old it’s not eligible for warranty and they won’t send me a new one. Can you share the details on how you were able to get a new one sent out? Did you call or speak to someone online? Did you have to return the battery first? Did you provide the serial number of the battery or the FPV drone?

I’ve had an over year old DJI FPV battery replaced by DJI. Wasn’t allowed to return it (they won’t cover the Lithium in shipping), but had to “destroy” it on video showing the serial number. I was given a “discount code” for the DJI store, so “bought” it there but 100% discounted.

This was with the online chat people.

Hi @yodude, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

Hi, mine was 18 months old. Judging by the responses its a bit of a lottery how they deal with it. Just keep submitting requests until they replace it :slight_smile:

I’ve had a faulty battery that was over a year old replaced but I had the cover on it that had expired a week before or something

Just out of interest @richardmarsh888 how many times did you submit a request before you hit the jackpot?

I’ve just had an issue with a battery that is 6 months out of warrenty and got offered a £30 discount.

Looks like i’m about to try this as i’m not throwing away £140 of battery without making sure its 100% dead

3 Likes

It was first time, but they initially tried to charge me then backed down.

1 Like

They flat refused with me initially. Out of warranty and no cover.

Then offered a ÂŁ30 off voucher redeemable only against a ÂŁ130 battery from the DJI website