DJI FPV without goggles

Hi I am a newbie at FPV, Can any let me know if i can use my mobile phone with the controller without using the goggles. there are plenty of adapters on the market to hold the phone in place but i am not sure how it will connect.

Thanks

Do you mean the DJI FPV Drone, or the DJI Digital FPV system Air unit Caddx vista type of FPV?

The DJI Drone to connect to the FLY App the phone has to connect to the goggles. For the FPV system you don’t use a phone. You can connect to the goggles though and output the image to the phone for spectators to view but you still need the goggles.

Thanks I think I understand. So I cannot fly my FPV on my own as you have to have another to watch to comply with the law.
I have already been challenged once, luckily i was flying my mavic and had all my paperwork with me

By who? If it was a member of the public then just remind them that they are committing an offence by distracting you the poilt. And tell them to respectfully mind their own.

As for flying FPV, yeah to comply with current regs you need to have a spotter unless you are in a sterile environment like a dedicated flying field. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m hopeful that now that electric scooters have come along, drones will no longer be such an attraction to the pitchfork mob…

However when flying i avoid my fellow humans more carefully than I avoid seagulls…

Fly where you’re not going to be disturbed, or at a time when you’re not going to be disturbed would be my advice…

And if you do get a botherer tell them too mind their own business…

1 Like

Sorry.

I posted above without reading the title of the thread properly. Another example of why I require 24/7 supervision by a grownup.