DJI Go Fly on this Android tablet?

Always worth a punt if its free returns.

Is it on the DJI supported list?

I believe there are only smartphones on the compatibility list, but in theory a 64bit 4gb ram android device should work

1 Like

There are tablets on there too.

Oops just noticed you have the mini, only phones on the list ;o(

2 Likes

It must be an ARM 64bit processor. That seems to be the kicker.

Really? I’ve not seen that as a prerequisite anywhere. Got a link?

https://greyarro.ws/t/dji-fly-app-available-or-not/11599/5

It’s not worked on any of my 32bit architecture machines and only completes loading on 64 bit machines.

2 Likes

On some of those it had to be side-loaded because it didn’t appear in Google Play. The only device it installed seamlessly on was my Google Pixel 3A.

I would be careful. There are a host of cheap tablets, mostly using MediaTek hardware and, like this one, running a low resolution 1280 screen. Sometimes if you run diagnostics you may find that the claimed spec is higher than what is really inside the case. Avoid.

It is worth while spending more on something better and a “namw” brand. I know from experience that the cheap bargains can turn out to be not fit for purpose :frowning:

Thanks all. I’ll stick with my phone for now in that case. Until we get something like Litchi available.

Why only until then? Litchi works perfectly on Android phones. :man_shrugging:

Mavic Mini isn’t added to the Dji SDK yet

I know that Litchi doesn’t (yet) work with the MM … but I didn’t see why, when Litchi is available, you’d then change from your phone.

Well, I don’t want to buy an iPad Mini and would rather stick with Android. It sounds like I may need to wait and hope that Litchi supports more devices?

Hi, I’ve just started using a Teclast M8, good spec and top end screen resolution, used for Autel Evo but should be ok for anything drone, C usb connector, 8.5 inch screen, fits controller with adapter fine, it is not on the compatibility list as no SIM fitted which seems to be the criteria for some reason, so downloaded App to phone and sent to tablet using Send Anywhere… all works great and lovely big bright screen, that is only APP on it apart from a few pre installed but turned most off, also from Amazon… use L200 type sun hood if needed. Cheers. Ps. £99.99

It seems that unless the device, Tablet has a SIM card fitted then it won’t appear on the PlayStore list as being compatible, when of course it is, I don’t think it has anything to do with processors or memory just not having a SIM card option… but of course you can download APP to phone and using something like Send Anywhere copy it to the Tablet… which I’ve done and all works fine… Cheers

Go for a refurbed iPad or phone from Amazon. They’re generally really good quality (an empty iPhone 6s cost me £150 - as opposed to £7-800 for a new 11 - for flying the mini) & there’s still a guarantee & returns apply as normal. You still get iOS upgrades & the apps are optimised for Apple stuff before Android.
Apple are overpriced & overhyped in general, but sometimes you just have to hold your nose.

"I don’t want to buy into apple - just No…! " have a look at the M8…

No hassles and they just work

1 Like

Hi, yea, I was just reiterating what Manx Jason said at the begining of this thread he started… his words not mine… … I neither agree or disagree… ha-ha… but having said that, I do prefer Android… Cheers