Dji Goggles power hack

I guess it’s a AT YOUR OWN RISK kinda deal :+1:t2:

I suppose, or a toss up between the patch antennas and the hack :thinking:

If you’re not planning using the goggles with the DJI FPV Drone then its definitely worth upgrading the goggle antennas to 5.8 only antennas. The TrueRC stubby’s have good reviews. Patch antennas are good for straight out in front of you.

Yeah if im right you can get the patch and the stubby’s as a set so maybe that might be the way forward ???

But there out of stock on unmanned Tech :frowning_face:

1 Like

Standard at the moment mate. Everything is out of stock everywhere. Just gotta back order and wait… unfortunately…

Yeah found them on here …

If anyone is after a set of the TrueRC stubbies… :wink:

1 Like

Shameless plug right there! But I like it :rofl:

lol… these still for sale ???

If you use the power hack to take it up to 700mW you are only taking it to the level which is standard in the US & Canada, so I would expect any equipment sold in those markets to be able to handle the heat.

Note that the next step up in the goggles config menu from 25mW is 200mW if using FCC settings :wink:

2 Likes

Cheers mate I think 200 would be fine but not sure which country code to use ???.
Power Hack

1 works well :wink:

Gives the option of up to 700mW, and 8 channels ( though for some reason, after the initial startup, mine only offer 7 :frowning: )

Ok cheers for that, will look into it at some point :+1:t3: might see how I get on with the stubbys first :+1:t3:

Still trying to sort my OSD and the mo so pleanty to keep me busy

Update on my progress, I got mine working last night. I had to change the UART that the Air Unit was using for some unknown reason it didn’t like being on UART1 so I de soldered the wires from RX1 and TX1 on my flight controller and re soldered them to RX3 and TX3 then changed the MSP option from UART1 to UART3 in the ports tab on betaflight and this fixed my issue :+1:t2:

PMSL it couldn’t be something straight forward could it :roll_eyes:

I dont understand as mine was working fine on both quads ???

So surely it would be a case of just ticking / un-ticking a box i.e a software issue rather than having to break out the soldering iron ???

I was thinking of updating my vista ?? see if that changes anything??

Well from the countless hours I spent trying to get mine working. It’s pretty straightforward if everything is as it should be. So:

• Power and ground connected.

• TX and RX connected to a spare UART. TX from the vista/AU to the RX on the flight controller and RX from the vista/AU to the TX on the flight controller.

• in your case also the DJI HDL to the sbus pad of the FC and a ground wire.

That’s the wiring then in betaflight:

• ports tab you need to set MSP for the correct uart number that the TX and RX wires are connected to.

• configuration tab need to enable telemetry and OSD.

• OSD tab select the supported elements and position them where you want them.

And that’s it.

If it’s still not working then might need to change the UART like I had to. :man_shrugging:t2: I’m still unsure why it wouldn’t work on UART1. But it wouldn’t but works perfect on UART3 so who knows.

Ill have a look in a bit as gotta make dinner as Mrs has tested positive and not feeling 100% :man_facepalming:t3:

So im having to isolate :exploding_head:

Weeee… more time to play with drones :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Like your thinking Steve, must admit iv been flying the BetaFPV round the garden :+1:t3:

But its times like this I wish I had a bigger 1

:rofl: :rofl: :sob: :sob:

1 Like