DJI Inspire 1 hacks - How to remove NFZ, Height Limits, modify flight parameters and increase maximum speeds

That’s the GO app database kicking in, not the drone :+1:t2:

1 Like
  1. Yeah - I still get all the NFZ warnings on my MP - but it still flies in the NFZ. The warnings are from the Go4 app … which hasn’t changed.

2. Same - but it will fly higher than 500m.

:+1:

To get around the Module not found “Crypto”" error, I needed to run this while in the Command Prompt: Type in;
python -m pip install pycryptodome
PRESS ENTER

2 Likes

Just got back from testing.

1. NFZ = CONFIRMED
  2. Height Restriction= CONFIRMED
  3. Faster Fwd/Bkwd Speeds= CONFIRMED

Thanks everyone!!

3 Likes

Excellent :+1:t2:

I would like to thank LennyS for the discovery to the Python Crypto problem. I was stuck there too.

PingSpike, I had to manually download my firmware ver through DJI. It did not work for my firmware ver for the Inspire 1 Pro through the cmd utility. However it did work on the firmware version your walk-through described. Is that something you can fix?

Couple questions if i may. I noticed that only Minimum and Default params were changed. Why aren’t the Maximum values altered? Understanding this would help with future tweeking tests.

Also I would like to know if there are any other parameters people have tweeked not mentioned in this tutorial that any has found useful.

Thank you PingSpike for your tutorial. Its the only one so far i know that will cover the Inspire 1 Pro

FrankB

3 Likes

Hi @FrankB and welcome to Grey Arrows!

Appreciate the time you’ve taken to sign up and reply mate, good to know these guides are useful :+1:t2:

Can I ask which version you’re running mate? I’ll get it updated :+1:t2:

Personally, I didn’t see a benefit to be honest. And in some cases it simply has no effect.

Taking the height_limit_enabled as an example:

{
        "index" : 211,
        "typeID" : 0,
        "size" : 1,
        "attribute" : 11,
        "minValue" : 1,
        "maxValue" : 2,
        "defaultValue" : 1,
        "name" : "g_config.advanced_function.height_limit_enabled_0",
        "modify" : true
    },

This is simply a switch effect really. Changing the maxValue here would simply have no effect (and indeed on some of the other parameters too).

But, while many are just switched values, there are some which might be interesting to play with…

Faster ascent speed for example:

g_config.control.vert_up_vel_0

“minValue” : 8,
“maxValue” : 10,
“defaultValue” : 8,

What would happen if the maxValue was raised to say, 15…? :thinking:

Please do let me know :smiley:

You might want to try some of these with no camera attached, it might get expensive if shit goes wrong mate :rofl:

2 Likes

Under select your aircraft, menu option both 7&8 ,Version 1.11.01.50. Neither would yield a download.

1 Like

This posed another question for me.

{
“index” : 211,
“typeID” : 0,
“size” : 1,
“attribute” : 11,
“minValue” : 1,
“maxValue” : 1,
“defaultValue” : 1,
“name” : “g_config.advanced_function.height_limit_enabled_0”,
“modify” : true
},

My original firmware value for the maxValue was 1, but i changed it to 2 as per the reflection in your guide.

Was your original maxValue 2?

Oh right, you’re on the latest then… That’s weird…

I’ll check out the download issue later in the week Frank.

Blimey mate, now you’re asking :smiley:

It was aaaagggeeees ago when I did this.

I was able to find this for you:

Don’t forget @FrankB - with the Inspire 1 you can always re-flash it back to the latest in order to overwrite your changes and put it back to ‘stock’ :+1:t2:

Well I have done a couple of flight tests. And although it appears as though the drone ascends and descends faster. I cant break the 1640ft Alt mark. Is it possible that the controller firmware is preventing the altitude mod?

Inspire 1 Pro firmware: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.11.01.50
Controller firmware: 1.7.80
DJI Go app ver: 3.1.52

My original:
{
“maxValue” : 1,
},

Your Guide original:
{
“maxValue” : 2,
},

You Guide changed:
{
“minValue” : 2,
“maxValue” : 2,
“defaultValue” : 2,
},

So ive tried of course the firmware original (1,1,1), (2,2,2), and (2,1,2) and so far no joy. Do you have any thoughts? Like controller firmware overriding drone firmware?

And (g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0) is:
{
“index” : 242,
“typeID” : 1,
“size” : 2,
“minValue” : 20,
“maxValue” : 10000,
“defaultValue” : 10000,
“name” : “g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0”,
},

Should i try something more reasonable like 1600

I thank you for any help you may have.

Yes, very much so.

When you go in to the height limit settings in the app, it should say 10000m (whatever that is in feet). However, if you edit that in the app it’ll revert right back to 500m max - as this is an app restriction.

Suggest re-flashing the firmware to put the 10k limit back on it, then try with Litchi :blush:

I seem to recall my app continues to say 500m max … but that doesn’t actually restrict the height the MP can fly to.

Yeah mine does the same on GO4 with the Mavic :+1:

1 Like

:frowning: Well, I guess for now its still not in the cards for me to beat the height restrictions.

Out of curiosity what does default mean? for example on vertical speed i understand having a min and max but what is default? say i push my throttle all the way is the inspire going to limit at the “default” or the “max”?

as for the height FrankB I entered exactly they way he described and on my app it says 500 but it keeps going past limit

What is your Drone model, aircraft firmware ver, and controller firmware ver if i may ask? it may point to a clue in my setup i am missing.