DJI Mavic 2 - Disconnected yet could probably take off!

Can anybody help please?
Using an iPad Mini 4
The box next to the DJI symbol shows ‘Disconnected’ yet I can start the props. and get the message ‘take off’. Screen is blank, no picture from the camera. (I haven’t taken off).
Then suddenly the screen comes to life and the camera is working. READY TO GO shows on the controller. ‘Discontinued’ replaced with Ready to Go (Vision). Which is then replaced with Ready to GO (GPS). I then pick up the controller and low and behold ‘Disconnected’ appears again, but still on the controller is READY TO GO.
Touching ‘Disconnected’ Aircraft Status opens up. Scrolling down Aircraft Battery Temperature (in red) shows N/A. Gimbal Status shows (in red) Gimbal Disconnected.
Remaining SD Card capacity is totally blank. Internal Storage Remaining shows (in red) internal storage not found. On one occasion when the camera connected for a short time I was able to
recalibrate the gimbal. But this had no effect on the blank camera screen.
I have formatted the SD card on my laptop, inserted into the drone and selected format which instantly happened. Then for a few moments the camera operates. Start up the props and ‘Disconnected’ appears again.
Other actions I’ve tried: Visual Navigation Settings: Enable Visual Obstacle Avoidance. Leave this menu and return and the avoidance has turned off. Repeated this many times, same result, will not hold in the enabled position.
Main Controller Settings. Return-to-Home Altitude cannot be changed, reverts to ‘0’ whatever numbers I enter. Same with Set Max Flight Altitude, reverts to ‘0’.
Searched the internet but can’t find any reference to this problem other than the one suggesting formatting the SD card.
VERY frustrated - Please help

What Drone?

See next to “Questions & Answers” above my name tag: mavic2zoom

The tags section is to inform other followers of your post

It’s alway best to add as much info in the post

I would try another cable and also force close all the other apps and uninstall the DJI app, restart the iPad and then install a fresh version of DJI go

2 Likes

Take off and see what happens ?

You don’t need a device attached to do this.

Might be a device issue, have you something more recent you can try ?

1 Like

Try cleaning the connector socket on the iPad - use a wooded cocktail stick or similar - there could be some fluff in there preventing proper contact.
Having said that I upgraded to a iPad Mini 5 some time ago when my Mini 4 started to struggle to run the Fly app.

1 Like

Which socket are you using to connect the controller to the iPad ??
If you’re using the micro USB on the left hand side then get yourself a good quality USB-A to Lightening cable and connect using the UAB-A socket on the bottom of the controller.

If you’re already using the bottom USB-A socket - change the cable :+1:

1 Like

Thank you guys. Did ALL the things you suggested. Changed cables, uninstalled the DJI app and reinstalled DJI GO 4, cleaned the connector socket and checked I was using the correct sockets. Lo & behold problem solved. All thanks to you.
However, maybe I should have tried each one individually as I’m not sure which one actually solved the issue. But what the hell, I’m back flying.
Once again many thanks.

5 Likes