DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Battery Issues

Hi Guys,

With lockdown & no drone use for about 9 months, I now have an opportunity to go & take some video footage at a lovely estate here in Devon.

I conditioned my 4 batteries twice by fully charging & then discharging to 60% as recommended by what I had read, however it has been now about 6 months since I did this, (Lockdown/work/etc. etc.) & I thought I would bring my gear up to full operating ready by charging/updating everything I have.

My DJI smart controller is fine, some updates completed & now OK. Standard controller charged & all good but my 4 drone batteries, all outer (charge indicator) lights glow of green but no charge. 4 hours later, removed from my multiple DJI charger (tried it on the single charger too) & wanted to update my Mavic 2 Zoom through software updates (I believe there maybe battery updates) so I seated each battery one after the other, pressed the button, 4 seconds of a lit green outer full charge ring but no indication flashing of charge level, then no lights at all, it’s as if the batteries are switching off completely!!

I seated the batteries back in the charger & there is no indication of charge (even though if you press the button, you get a 4 second full circle green 4 section charge ring but no charge flash indication)

I hear the batteries “hibernate” but I have trawled the net but I cannot find anything that matches my issue.

Do I now own 4 (hardly used - 4x max) Mavic 2 Zoom batteries that are completely useless or is there a method to bring them back to life as I believe there are battery/drone updates but without power, I am completely knackered.

Any help would be fantastically appreciated, even if I am told my batteries are destined for the bin. (they look absolutely mint with no swelling whatsoever just for your information)

Many Thanks
Rick

It may be that the batteries have gone into hibernation mode. Apparently, the recommended method of recovery is:

1. Leave it alone for at least five minutes after turning it on.
  2. After that, recharge the battery using the DJI charger.

It may take several hours of charging for the battery to exit hibernation mode and it is strongly advised not to touch the on/off button during this time.

DJI charger is also recommended as 3rd party chargers may not link correctly with the intelligent charging circuitry of the Mavic2Z batteries.

1 Like