DJI Mavic 3 classic and the C1 class mark

So I’ve been a bit absent lately and found using M2P not so much restricted but too bulky to carry around, bought a mini 2 to help, but now sold M2P only to find I’ve lost the night modes in camera settings I’d got familiar with.
I hold my A2CofC and now bit lost towards understanding the newer c1 category. Am I to understand by installing newest firmware the drone will be compliant for the new laws in 2024?
To be honest I’ve always flown away from populated area’s and briefly or quickly flown high over people, not hovering over people as a lot of mini 2 flyers still do, clearly not understand the regs.
Looking forward to getting out with this new drone to unleash its capabilities.

1 Like

Is this the one that is only available in europe. The menu will not be available in the UK. That is if it is what I am thinking of.

1 Like

Watch this video by @ianinlondon it explains it perfectly

1 Like

Yes that is the one. I had this with my Mavic but was talking to DJI about it and they were telling me that I had to do the upgrade of the firmware. So I did, then he said I need to look on the controller for a menu which I said over and over again was not there. I asked him… “is it because we are no longer in the EU” and finally he did look into it and came back and said. The menu has been removed in the UK as you can not take advantage of this. Sucks

1 Like

Hmm thanks for the heads up. Ok I’m still going to carry on as I have already, 50m is close enough for my purposes but yes again Europe is punishing us for leaving as is the CAA. Can now see why so many operators fly without any regards to the rules if a governing body does everything backwards after promising different things.

1 Like

Sadly I do not have the A2CofC so I am pretty screwed with that. Also wondered what happens if you need to land and then someone turns up who are not involved. Do you tell them to go stand over there (150m away lol)

1 Like

Tbh I’ve had about 2 or 3 encounters with people over years of flying, staying at distance from people has always worked for me. I find a location to visit, check on Google maps good TOAL point within the VLoS range. Good recces has always helped if I’m in any doubts of interaction with people. I’m not interested in flying in built up area’s and not my interest. Coastal, landscape and nighttime, lighting etc. the fact it’s got an extended flight time is beneficial for my purposes, the smart controller makes it a lot less bulky to carry around.

1 Like

50m away if drone is 250g and up.

Personally, I monitor the situation on the ground while I’m flying. If necessary I’ll walk to somewhere quieter (and update RTH to controller location in case I lose control), or tell the person I need some space to land a drone safely. Each of these takes time so best done with spare battery life.