DJI Mavic 3 & Classic - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

So, exactly the same drone as the Mavic 3 but without the telephoto lens and £~400 cheaper… and the FlyMore kit doesn’t include the filters? Am I missing something obvious (or not so obvious)?

Agreed. I would happily ditch the 28x zoom for the sake of £400 discount.

The Classic features near-identical specs, with the exception of its camera, reduced internal storage space and no Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec. If you don’t need the ability to zoom in on objects up to 28X digitally, the Classic gives you almost everything else that comes with the standard Mavic 3.

1 Like

Set of ND filters 129$ what ever that is in quids reserve only on DJI website

1 Like

Promo video here.

1 Like

Works for me.

1 Like

Sorry it’s all working now must have been uploading

Aldryn’s review is out too …

1 Like

And due to the input voltage they need the engine running to work :man_facepalming:t2:

C1 classification :scream:

3 Likes

C1 = Classic 1 ?
:laughing:

This is going to be as much of a flop as the Mavic 3 Pro was, isn’t it :see_no_evil:

One thing, and one thing only, would at least make me consider it - full res / bit-rate video and simultaneous raw stills.

:thinking: Did I ever mention that I’d like those?

:rofl:

So does this replace the Air 2S?

2 Likes

Hopefully it replaces 1.5555555 Air 2Ss - price-wise …

Apparently the firmware update on the Mavic 3 today also enables C1 classification… just, you know, not for us since the CAA couldn’t actually come up with the standards.

No mate, the Air 3 will replace the 2S.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: DJI Air 3 - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

I was a bit gutted that the option with no controller isn’t available until the end of the month / beginning of December (after speaking with DJI) as I had it in my basket ready. Also think it was a clever / strange move not to include a charger with this package so it forces you to have to buy one separately.

It’s a cracking spec and price though and I’ll definitely have one on order

2 Likes

Hope I’ve posted this in the right thread , there’s a new firmware update that now gives the earlier mavic 3 the C1 classification

Edit or is this the same mention

1 Like

Need something bigger to replace by Air 2 for when the wind is a bit stronger and the Mini 3 might struggle. My Air 2 seems rarely troubled by the wind.

Just can’t decide between the

Mavic 3 Classic
Mavic 3
Mavic 3 Cine
Mavic 3 E
Mavic 3 T

I suspect that the 3 Classic would be fine, but then a longer zoom could be useful when I can’t actually fly over certain land or too close to a subject (building or land). Although in reality I have no idea when or if this will ever be required. Or perhaps I ought to get the Matrice 30T to fly in the rain :joy:

I would not want the N1 controller - I would either use the RC or the RC Pro which comes with the Cine.

It would be a company purchase so I can account for the VAT.

I suspect that the Enterprise would be an overkill!

Another factor would be to perhaps have a model that @clinkadink doesn’t so that I stand a chance in the speed topic :joy: :joy:

1 Like