DJI Mavic 3 Quickshots

Evening Guys,

I have just updated my DJI Mavic 3 to the latest firmware:
Aircraft firmware: v01.00.0500
RC firmware: v04.13.0500
DJI App android: 1.5.9
Mobile Samsung S21 Ultra 5G

I decided to give the quickshots a test and see how they perform after the upgrade, On going into the quick shots menu I am invited to select a point of interest by tapping the + or drawing around the object the plus symbol is not present and I am allowed to manually draw round the object. The green interest box will then disappear, the on screen will report that the subject lost. Reselect subject. I can not select any subject so not allowing me to complete any quick shots all quick shots report the same. However if I use mastershot this function works and a point of interest can be selected.
Question is has anyone else come across this problem? if so how have you resolved it?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Have you tried a different phone/tablet ??

No, but I will give that a go at the next oppurtunity to get out flying. You could be onto something there, when I first tried binding to the Samsung S21 it would not bind. I had to use a Samsung Xcover Pro.

1 Like

There have been some strange issues for those flying with the S21 even though it appears on the DJI approved phone/tablet list for the Fly app. Samsung have a habit of “adjusting” Android to suit their phones/tablets.
An Apple device may be your best bet due to Apple’s strict control of the OS. Not saying you should buy one but may be borrow one to see if the problem still exists - worth a shot :+1:

I think you are right, it does point to the device, I will put a ticket into DJI. Last thing I want to do is go out and buy an apple device after shelling out for the S21. Thanks for your thoughts on this one :+1: :+1:

Also might be worth tagging in the @group-mavic-3 not sure how many members here own the mavic 3 mind you lol

One name I know who has one is @ianinlondon and I’m sure he will be in the process of making or has already made an extensive YouTube video on all the new features added to the mavic 3 in its latest update so if anybody has had similar issues it will be him :+1:t2:

I’ll have a play today… I’m actually hobbling around on crutches after a fairly crappo knee operation and having a load of titanium plates put in… But that’s a story for another thread… :slight_smile:
@mellor63 I will take a look at the behaviour. I do know DJI have set the function to only recognise a person, bike or vehicle, so dogs and random bushes will deselect…

2 Likes

That’s another major possibility - numerous videos out there (not all M3) showing people failing to get a lock on their dog etc :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thinking about it - there is another possiblity - are you trying to record in 5k - if so I don’t think any of the autonomous options work above 4k. Try reducing the resolution and see if that helps :+1: - cheaper option too :grin:

Hi Guys,
Quick update, I tried to bind a new device to the aircraft and failed. Binded back to the S21 low and behold quick shots now working. Yesterday the POI I was using was me and then my car, green + sign was not visible, Thinking back to completing the App update, I can not recall if I restarted the phone or not possible reason for not working. Thanks for all your help in trying to resolve. @ianinlondon love what you do on you tube and is always my first port of call for any knowledge I require.

1 Like

Speedy recovery. FPV speed! :+1:

2 Likes

FPV Speed? I’m Titanium me…! :wink:

2 Likes

ouch