DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware updates

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: DJI Fly - App updates and download links

A post was merged into an existing topic: DJI Fly - App updates and download links

On its way @@@

So is Christmas :rofl:

Got any more info than that?

Just giving heads up… just installed it after being out… v 01.00.0460

I’ll fill in some gaps for you :slight_smile:

What’s New?

Aircraft Firmware:v01.00.0460
Remote Controller:v02.00.1101

• Added support so the remote controller can also be used with DJI Mini 2. It is recommended to use the remote controller with DJI Fly v1.2.0 or above.
  • Updated default RTH altitude to 100 m.
  • Optimized Downward Vision System by increasing the altitude limit to 30 m when the aircraft is only using Downward Vision System for positioning.
  • Optimized logic of rotational speed of fan after powering on in order to reduce noise and power consumption.
  • Optimized detection and app alert when propellers are unfolded.

:open_mouth:

Almost stratospheric!

What was the default before? 30m? 90m? :thinking:

10m (or might have been 30m) on the MP.

100m seems excessive … especially if initiated by a critical battery.

I looked back - the MP’s default was 20m.

Cheers, as I said literally just got in !!

Got App crash on SC and video was all jerky and pixelated when viewed… flight log showed nothing past 43mts on one flight… on the app crash, flight looked like I took off at the point the app crashed, had not logged the take off or anything up to the point of app crash.
Once I reconnected and returned, I powered down, then back up, on doing so was told I had to recalibrate the SC controller…

Haven’t updated mine yet. Can you tell me if its now ok and if you are using Android or IOS?
Thanks.

I have smart controller (SC)… not been able to fly since due to work and bad weather.

A post was merged into an existing topic: New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don’t I?

I’ve just updated mine. I use Android. Hoping to get a cheeky test flight when I get in from work later. I’ll post my findings.

2 Likes

Flight went okay after latest firmware update. I’m using the supplied controller and a Galaxy A5 2017 Android phone. The internal fan is very quiet now. RTH height was set to a default of 100m by the update. Video feed okay. Rock solid whilst hovering, even when it started getting dark. All seems fine. Flies as it did before updating.

1 Like

Updated the Firmware on my MA2 yesterday and noticed the they have made adjustments to the RTH function. Now if between 5 and 50m from homepoint the drone won’t go up to RTH height before returning. It will now just adjust direction and head straight home :grimacing: something to bare in mind if flying around/near trees etc within this distance. I’ve not tested it yet but just a quick heads up incase anyone has missed it. Also I don’t know if this is just the MA2 or if it also includes the Mini 2?

1 Like

Updated mine and noticed that. I wonder what the thinking behind that is? Panic mode?

1 Like

I would say to avoid sending the drone to say 150m or whatever people have set if it is very close and much lower. I suspect many set it higher than required.

1 Like