DJI (Mavic) Air 2S mega thread

Just came across this post on another site where they are talking about this supposed new drone registered by DJI.

It is labelled as DJI Mavic Air 2S

If this is happening, I doubt that our “legacy” drones will have a chance to be retrofitted.

1 Like

No certification mark on it … if it was it’d kill off the current unsold machines I suspect

1 Like

I still don’t know why anyone thinks they ever would be :man_shrugging:t2:

Class-marked drones are still the better part of two two years away yet.

What possible incentive would any manufacturer have for wanting to retrospectively do anything?

2 Likes

He’s the FCC entry if anyone fancies a nose about:

https://fccid.io/SS3-DA2SUE12011

1 Like

Looking at the RF exposure documents I think they’re including Ocusync 3.0 on this.

Maybe they’re looking at integrating the V2 headset into the camera drone range.

2 Likes

There was a followup post by DroneDJ this afternoon that leans towards the same thing re headset :+1:t2:

1 Like

Could we see a Mini2s then? It would be kind of typical with my Mini2 being less than a month old.

DJI are getting a bit like Status Quo, churning out the same 1-3-5 Chord progression in a 4/4 time signature but in a different key.

2 Likes

I doubt it, it’s far too new.

Heard some rumours about the Mini 3 gaining obstacle avoidance sensors in those holes in the front though. The Mini 2 is only 242g so they have weight to play with for the Mini 3. Apparently. But that’s a whole other new thread :slight_smile:

Would it make sense to launch a new/upgraded drone that isn’t class marked ?

1 Like

Yes of course.

The class mark specs haven’t even been finalised yet.

All the drone manufacturers aren’t gonna stop releasing new products while they wait for the various regulatory boards to get their ducks in a row :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last update I saw on the Air 2S, with some added fluff about Mavic 3:

1 Like

And also:

3 Likes

Man I hope that camera can be retro fitted to the MA2 :drooling_face:

1 Like

Bad news for anyone thinking of selling a Mavic 2 secondhand!

1 Like

Thats the one thing that I think would really up the MA2’s game. The MA2 is a fantastic drone but just can’t quite compete with the camera on the M2P. Assuming this camera is a similar quality it’s an awesome upgrade :+1:t2:

1 Like

Looks like the UK will finally get the ADS-B feature in the Air 2 that we were promised last year too :+1:t2:

1 Like
  1. Opposing critical thinking

2. Isolating members and penalizing them for leaving

3. Emphasizing special doctrines.

4. Seeking inappropriate loyalty to their leaders

The above are just four signs that you maybe in a Cult.

Going by the way that many feverishly defended the FPV drone, and looking through some of the comments that have been left on a number of YouTube channels that have rebroadcast this unofficial official teaser, I’m even more convinced that the Church of DJI is a cult.

1 Like

If you think that, wait until you see what Apple consumers are like! :wink:

4 Likes

Oh I’m quite aware of Apple consumers. My wife is one, though she doesn’t know why. The phenomenon has been parodied in film. In the film “Iron Sky2 - The Coming Race” Tom Green plays the character Donald, the leader of the Church of Steve Jobs. His downfall is when his iPhone is hacked using a Nokia 3310.

2 Likes

If that’s the Air2S camera whats the mavic 3 going to have :scream::heart_eyes:

1 Like