DJI (Mavic) Air 2S mega thread

Scroll up my good man, this is old news :blush:

But!

I see a little number “1” in the shopping cart of your screen shot.

Did you buy direct from DJI??

1 Like

Right with ya on that. Valid points and I think we’re the same. I am a complete newbie to drones so still getting used to mini 2 and fpv. Not sure how long you’ve been flying for, but you’re absolutely right. The mini 2 is definitely the one to use based on restrictions, especially for aerial photography which, as a semi pro photographer, want to get to grips with. Great advice and very much appreciated.

2 Likes

No sorry just some new props for my zoom

tenor-47

For all yous with next day delivery

… and it looks like the Air 2S is compatible with the Smart Controller too :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: DJI Smart Controller Firmware and Updates

Another note that may be of interest to potential purchasers – taken from the DJI Air 2S page …
it appears that some of the updated features are not available when recording in high quality or higher frame rate video settings :man_shrugging:

*** FocusTrack is not available while recording in 5.4K/30fps, 5.4K/25fps, 5.4K/24fps, 4K/60fps, 4K/50fps, 4K/48fps, 2.7K/60fps, 2.7K/50fps, 2.7K/48fps, 1080p/120fps, 1080p/60fps, 1080p/50fps, and 1080p/48fps. FocusTrack is not an option when shooting 5.4K video.

**** APAS 4.0 is not available while recording in 5.4K/30fps, 5.4K/25fps, 5.4K/24fps, 4K/60fps, 4K/50fps, 4K/48fps, 2.7K/60fps, 2.7K/50fps, 2.7K/48fps, 1080p/120fps.

4 Likes

Arrived 07:30 this morning.

:grin:

16 Likes

Nice one mate, batteries on charge and get out there :+1:

1 Like

After you’ve installed 101 firmware updates :blush:

Congrats @Brigadier :clap:t2:

Look forward to hearing some feedback!

3 Likes

If Aldryn likes it, whats not to like

3 Likes

I don’t think there is enough of upgrades.
It would have been a far superior drone if they had fitted the Hasselblad camera from the M2Pro. Or similar.
No variable aperture put me off.

I have a M2Pro and a MA2
Not detracting from what other people do, I just can’t see where it will fit into my arsenal of drones.

@Brigadier you “lost” the MA2 just about the right time. Sorry for your loss, happy for the arrival of your new baby.

:grin:

5 Likes

And the mad bastard

Thanks for all your comments guys
Batteries on charge and can’t wait to give it a go.
Another plus is that all the bits &bobs from my MA2 will fit the Air 2S
Rob

3 Likes

Well I didn’t want to mention that. :joy:

Looks like a good weekend and I’m off as well. So batteries on charge tonight going to take em all out for an outing this weekend. That is if I manage to get up in the morning. :joy:

If the MA2s did have the same camera function as the M2Pro I would have one in my hands now. But alas. Let’s see what the next DJI drone is to be released.

I personally think the M2Pro will not be upgraded. It’s too heavy for the regulations.

The mad Bastard is a completely different drone and in my view it is meant to be flown in the countryside miles away from anyone. They had to release something that would make people twitch and open their wallets. So in my view I think the 2s was slightly rushed. It even has the same battery. I can’t see why anyone who has the MA2 would buy the combo.

The good points are ADS-B. Something they stole away from us on the MA2. It will sell as everyone has to have the latest. Just not enough “goodies” for me.

Then again, if they make this compatible with the goggles then it will be a done deal. I will have one.

4 Likes

You raise a very good point, I wonder how long before the Goggles are supported on other DJI kit

3 Likes

All quiet on the 2S front, all out test flying ??

@ianinlondon @Brigadier :smirk:

7 Likes

Good 2 Go has been updated to support the new DJI Air 2S:

5 Likes

Unfortunately not mate.
Been busy today and SWMBO has been on my case.
More jobs tomorrow, but batteries are charged and all firmware installed.
OP ID / FlyerID stickers added, so with time off for good behaviour should hopefully get to fly sometime tomorrow.
Hate to admit it, but not exactly sure how to show flight logs, but should be able to give a review.
Not sure how effective that will be as I am excited to try out the new toy, so may be a little biased.
Rob

Busy boy… You wait for a shiny new drone to unbox and 2 come along on the same day…
And sadly didn’t get a chance to fly either today as didn’t get home until late afternoon.

Lots of fun to have this weekend! :slight_smile:

10 Likes