DJI Mini 2 at 1KM Up - Pen Y Fan & Brecon Beacons

In this video, I climb Pen Y Fan, in the Brecon Beacons, launch the DJI Mini 2 from the summit and fly 1KM above sea level, and above the clouds. Only the day before, I was in hospital connected to a nebuliser, due to respiratory issues as a result of a bad chest infection. But the next morning, feeling better, I decided to get back out there.

I do hope you enjoy it :+1:

15 Likes

You had a chest infection, and the day after you are on Pen-y-fan.
Were you doing “selection” @clinkadink ??

3 Likes

Fresh air is the best medicine, and all that. Well … that and the steroids they gave me :rofl:

1 Like

Great video again Chris @clinkadink …more cars there than Asda car park ! ….I was waiting for the dam busters music at the end though :wink:

Wonderful views and a great video - thanks.

Hope you are feeling better.

1 Like

Thanks Alan. 100% agree. Compared to back in the late 80’s, when I used to live in Brecon, this place is a complete tourist trap now. Quite sad. I honestly thought I pulled up during some kind of special event. Sadly not, just a normal day.

Cheers Barrie! Glad you liked it. Yes, the chest infection has gone. Whatever they gave me worked very well. Never had a scare like that before. But literally, 24 hours later, I was feeling much better. And 2 weeks on, no issues. But still overweight and unfit :wink:

1 Like

As always quality, :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Steven! Great to hear :star_struck:

1 Like

Great video and a nice story. Hope the chest survived . :sneezing_face:

Thanks John! Yes, fighting fit now. Training for Snowdonia :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some really stunning shots above the clouds. I never cease to be amazed at the quality videos the gallant Mini 2 can produce given the right lighting. It really has to be the best value for money in the drone market. If I ever lost mine I think a I would be tempted to replace it immediately with the same.

Thanks Charles! Which drone do you use at the mo? The Mini 2 certainly is a great drone, it punches well above it’s weight - and as such, is great value.

Excellent video, much enjoyed watching that.

Cheers Rod! Much appreciated mate :+1:

I use the Mini 2 for general practice and hobby flying. The company I run uses an Inspire 2 kit for serious cine filming but it takes too long to prep and set up for run of the mill hobby stuff and I can’t use in the garden (residential area}. Seriously thinking about getting an air 2s to give me great cine video with the ease of use of Mini 2. Not sure whether to fork out the money on it or not. Trying to talk myself into it. LOL

I can’t comment on how long an Inspire 2 takes to setup. The Mini 2 is “so” easy. I had a Mavic Air first, and now have a Mavic 2 Pro, but (guiltily) I still find myself reaching for the Mini 2. Ultimately, and surely, the test is ‘what gets used most’. And that award, for me at least, will always go to the Mini 2.

I think my rationale is different, as I use a tablet and mounting bracket with my M2P, and setting it up is chore. Unlike the Mini 2. Have been tempted a few times with the Smart Controller, but talked myself out of it everytime - due to the tiny screen and the outdated Android OS.

1 Like

Company expense :thinking:

1 Like

The ease of using the Mini 2 (less than 5 minutes prep from storage case to flight) is probably what makes the Mini 2 my go to drone . Many times it’s about grabbing the picture in the fastest possible time. The Inspire 2 for all its strengths is a planned project based drone. The humble Mini2 is the equivalent photographic point and shoot aerial camera. For the money I don’t think there is anything else on the market that can do what it does with portable ease, speed and reliability. I’m actually wondering if the Mini 3 when it comes will be a sub 250g Air 2s with probably a couple of Air 2s features missing? I wouldn’t put it past DJI to deliver another ground breaking item of technology.

@Steviegeek
I know but you still need the cash (flow) to make the purchase in the first place even if you can offset the cost against tax later in the financial year.

2 Likes