DJI Mini 2 battery charging via USB ports in car

As most cars now have USB ports can these be used for charging drone batteries. Look forward to your replies.
Regards Dave.

I can’t get my Fabia to fast charge mine :o(

1 Like

I have a Hyundai but not tried yet thought I would wait until I had some thoughts on it first.

As Chris said, it’ll happily charge the batteries in “normal” mode but it will very much depend on the spec of the USB ports in the car as to whether it’ll fast-charge or not.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, so it’s dependent on the cars out put on the rate of charge.
Regards Dave.

Yes, exactly so.

I’m guessing modern cars (in the last year or two) and/or high spec cars will have decent USB outputs :man_shrugging:t2:

You can buy a cigarette lighter type charger, something like this:

5 Likes

Sadly not! my 2020 Prius has a 0.5amp USB :cry: even though it has a 56 cell 201.6v lithium-ion battery :man_shrugging:

Madness. It’s literally a rolling power bank :rofl:

1 Like

Genius!

Problem solved :bowing_man:t2:

3 Likes

I just need to find a way to tap in and Wollah… instant drone battery charging :smiley:

I saw a dual port fast charger to plug into the cigarette socket in Lidl on Sunday

Less than ÂŁ4.

I already had a couple of ordinary plug Ins so didn’t buy one… Mistake perhaps?

LYONGTECK 3-in-1 Battery Car Charger for DJI Mini 2 Drone and Remote Controller,Charge 2 Batteries,12v Multi Fast Charging Hub Accessories LYONGTECK 3-in-1 Battery Car Charger for DJI Mini 2 Drone and Remote Controller,Charge 2 Batteries,12v Multi Fast Charging Hub Accessories : Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

Found this in car charger

The USB port in my DS4 is incredibly slow at charging the Mini 2 battery hub or drone so here’s what I set up.
A 20000mAh Type C Fast Charge Powerbank (ÂŁ20.00 on Amazon) permanently charged & connected to the car USB with a 2m lead hidden and running to the glove compartment. The 20000mAh takes about 50 minutes to charge a single battery (22% to 91%) so stick the first spent one on charge and by the time the other two are used you have another ready to go. Also very handy if you do spur of the moment road trips and forgotten to charge them. Will do the whole three battery hub in about three hours or so.

1 Like

I’m not sure it works like that.

I just assumed the higher the power output the faster they charged! perhaps I’m wrong. Happy to be corrected :slight_smile: … Or is it more charges per powerbank :thinking:

Exactly, the mAh is the capacity not the output

Ahhh, see. We all live and learn :slight_smile: Original posted edited

1 Like

I use an Elzle i26s, 26800mAh 3.1A Solar Power Pack, it works wonders for me, recharging batteries as I walk, stick it on top of my backpack and it’s also recharging the unit.

Does that do fast charge ?