DJI Mini 2 battery won't charge - All four LEDs flashing three times

Good info Steve thanks for shareing

Random thought … tried re-flashing the battery’ s firmware? … if that’s possible.

The VPS on my MP totally stopped functioning. A firmware re-flash and it was fixed.

1 Like

I’m not sure how I’d do that Dave, I can’t even get this dodgy battery to power up :confused:

1 Like

Incidentally…

My Mini 2 batteries have lived in their charging hub since the day I got it, back in November.

Until the day I took them out of the hub:

(10th Apr)

And yesterday was the first time I’ve gone to charge the Mini 2 since then, only to find two batteries nicely discharged and one stone dead.

Too much of a coincidence? :thinking:

Did you have any luck with DJI Rich? Or headed down the Argosto route?

I’ve opened a ticket with DJI, not heard anything back yet though. Monday probably?

Just checked the status of my ticket, they said allow “two working days”, so probably Tues before I hear anything.

Will of course update here when I do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully you will get some joy with DJI support or Argos in getting a replacement (probably the latter!).

Shame you don’t have one of these Lyongtech chargers to hand, it’s been great for me to properly analyse the behaviour of my Mini 2 batteries when the whole non discharge issues came to light and I’m wondering if something like this might spark such a defective battery back into life, albeit I guess a replacement is the better option.

Some automated emails from DJI arrived today, along with some UPS shipping stuff.

UPS are collecting the faulty battery from my house today and shipping it to Netherlands.

I also had to print 3x copies of a customs-type invoice that said the contents were a Mini 2 battery and that it had, “NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, DEFECTIVE UNIT” (it was printed in caps, like that).

2 Likes

It’s gotta cost less to just to send a new one !

Crazy eh?

UPS collection, someones time to open / look at it when it arrives in .NL, UPS delivery of a replacement.

That’s got to be over £50, right?

1 Like

As it’s a warranty claim and because it’s a Lipo battery I would assume that it is needed to investigate the issue. Dont want to be taking any chances with Lipo’s :fire: :fire_engine:

1 Like

Want be £50 for dji as the battery to them will be at cost. But they might know of a problem so retrieving what they can to inspect of what they know has been reported “FAULTY”.

UPS driver just collected the battery.

I’ll post another update in a week or two when I hear some news.

Wasn’t Argos an option? New Mini 2 new batteries :wink:

Just searching the site as I’ve noticed a similar issue. Past few weeks the batteries have been stored out of the hub. Put them all back in today to charge and notice that they all dropped 1 LED (was expecting them to have dropped more). This would happen while they were stored in the hub anyway.

I’ve got the same flashing problem with one of the batteries but it’s only 2 LEDs flashing.

Reading about dead batteries above got me worried a bit but @SirGunner ‘s post of the manual seems to have helped sort the problem. ‘Battery not inserted correctly’ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

DJI have received the battery that UPS collected on Monday and deemed it faulty.

New replacement battery being shipped out in a few days.

8 Likes

Replacement battery due to arrive tomorrow.

A week and a day from opening a support ticket to the replacement arriving.

Fair play DJI, I’m impressed :bowing_man:t2:

5 Likes

Same happened to me a couple of days ago… I contacted DJI who were very quick in replying.

No need for me to send the battery back and I just posted off a short video as requested showing the battery serial number proceeded by immersing the battery in water and adding salt!

Coupon code has been approved and just waiting on it to redeem another.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

1 Like