DJI Mini 2 firmware updates

New firmware for Mini 1 - looks suspiciously like a DH block :man_shrugging:

Date: 2021.11.19

Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0600

Remote Controller firmware: v01.00.0600

What’s New?

• Optimized flight safety.

Notes:

• Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and readjust them after the update.

• If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry

2 Likes

Aren’t they all these days? :confused:

Thanks for the heads up Jon :+1:t2:

No downgrade either if you run this Firmware, you are stuck with it

1 Like

Didn’t DJI do this with another model but DH released a fix shortly after?

Mini 2 controller firmware update

From V04.11.0016 to V04.11.0032

Can not find any release notes :man_shrugging:

I have a feeling this will be for the M3. I also see DJI are supplying the SC Pro with the Air2s in China, which means it should be compatible with the Mini2 also.

1 Like

Apparently, the RC firmware is different

Mini 2 has 04.11.0032 also Air 2
Air2S has 04.12.0054
Mavic3 has 04.12.0300

1 Like

Mini 2
2nd generation new firmware

I have returned my Mini 2 because I have decided to stick with my Air 2S, but that was sealed and new in Sep 2021 see pic, so new in Sep 2021 and was a ‘3’ serial, so I wonder how many will do the update and it fails?
Can see a mass claim going in if it does

If the update is done through the official channels ie with the app or DJI assistance

then you will not have a problem, but if you use 3rd party software to do the update then you must be wary of using the correct version

Got any details of the latest update Wayne? Version numbers or release notes or anything you can share?

1 Like

As usual, there is nothing official from DJI, the new version and Firmware v01.03.0009 has been reported by Dronehacks and DankDroneDownloader

Sorry, good point, what was I thinking :roll_eyes: :rofl:

I would expect that if using Assistant to do the update it will identify the correct firmware for the drone ?

1 Like

Just in case you want to use a 3rd party software

Goes and checks which version I have…

Didn’t even know that two generations existed - anyone know the difference?

Maybe they are referring to the Mini SE.

No that’s on v01.01.0000

1 Like

I’m just speculating but maybe they had to make hardware changes due to semiconductor shortages, as other tech manufacturers have had to do.

1 Like

I don’t recall ever seeing anything about two different hardware models for the Mini 2? :thinking:

The Mini 1 did, for sure, it had two hardware models based on region from the day of launch, but when did the Mini 2 get a 1st and 2nd generation? And what are the differences?

If anyone knows, please create a new thread and share the knowledge :smiley: