DJI Mini 2 firmware updates

DJI have indicated there is new firmware available for the Mini 2 …

Overview:

• Date: 2022.03.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.04.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: V04.11.0032
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.5.10

What’s New?

• Optimized flight safety.

Usual DJI situation - the release notes on DJI.com have yet to be amended and it would be nice to know what was changed to “Optimise flight safety” - would this have anything to do with locking out Mini 2 to prevent DH being used - just like the DJI FPV ??? :man_shrugging:

The more I see from DJI, I become more and more interested in the Autel Nano :thinking: :thinking:

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Autel Evo Nano - sub 250g drone - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

I won’t be connecting my Mini2 to the DJI Fly APP until it’s confirmed that the update is not mandatory. I think if DJI do intend to make mandatory updates across their product range to defeat the various hacks then they will be seriously limiting their sales in CE regions.

Their release notes for app udpates don’t look any more detailed! ‘Bug fixes’

1 Like

Amazon had all four flavours in stock a few weeks ago with next day delivery on Prime.

Come on John, you know full well that’s exactly what’s in this update :smiley:

Yes I know - I’m a cynical old git :joy:

I’m also a tight fisted git and still on the Mini 1 but looking to upgrade in the not too distant future. Was hoping when the Mini 3 gets released there would be some cheap Mini 2’s available but its looking more and more like that I may have to put hand deeper into my pocket and invest in an Autel Nano - obviously the + :man_shrugging: :pray:

1 Like

Make of this what you will, but DJI have posted details of the update in their forum and so far the only person to state they’ve updated now claims his Mini2 is now bricked.

1 Like

Anti Rollback, Don’t update if you want to modify your drone

Guess the guy on the DJI forum (in Nidge’s post) is now deep in the shite - no rollback to unbrick and stuck waiting for DJI’s next update to fix :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Has anyone actually done the firmware update? Seen a YouTube vid that has suggested it’s had a few issues, namely very slow to pick up satellites and more than usual height fluctuations when flying.

If you’ve seen the video then you’ll know someone has successfully upgraded :wink: I’m hesitant due to the satellite lock time.

Mine updated the other day, flew it this morning without any issues.

Think I’ll take the plunge then.

I think I’ll wait until some more of you guys have upgraded :wink:

Remember the fundamentals of this update is to stop the Dronehacks exploit

So if you want to run the FCC hack or remove DJIs no fly and altitude limits then don’t update as this will permanently stop it

1 Like

Same here, looking forward to some positive reports.

:innocent:

If there are no new features and the version you are on now is stable and working for you, WHY update? I updated to the last version but that was because I wanted the new camera setting interface, I will not be updating to this version just so DJI can lock me out of any future plans to use 3rd party designed software. My Mini 2 will be up for sale soon when I get an Autel Nano + no more faffing with these innaccurate geo fences and pointless updates.

2 Likes

Thats my thinking too

1 Like

More reasons not to update