DJI Mini 2 Gimbal Calibration error (COde 40011)

Hi
Recently I had to return my DJI Mini 2 to DJI under care refresh as I was getting a gimbal stuck error and the gimbal would not move properly. I received the replacement yesterday and when I paired it with the remove and phone (iOS) I got a gimbal calibration errorwhich showed errror code 40011, it said to recalibreate via the app which I have tried but it fails t run the calibration and the camera does not move. I contacted DJI support and at present am still waiting for a response from their replacement service. Has anyone else had this issue? And is this a regular occurrence with the Mini 2? I thought they would have tested the new drone before they sent it out to me.

Mark

Have you tried plugging it in to DJI assistant 2 & re flashing the firmware, maybe worth a go.

Im guessing you did remember to remove the gimbal cover ? Silly question I know but mistakes can happen.

Hi thanks for the suggestions, I have re-flashed the firmware and yes I did remove the cover (first thing I checked) I may try re-flashing to an earlier firmware version if DJI do not respond soon.

1 Like

Code 40011: Gimbal calibration error. Restart aircraft.

Calibrate the gimbal in the settings. If calibration does not work, replace the gimbal.

Is the option there then I guess, ?
I was just watching some videos on this error which seems very common on the mini 2, there is another work around I found but a little more complex using the dank drone downloader with drone hacks to clear the error.

I am going to try to re-flash to an earlier version to see if that works, I have logged this is DJI support but they have not responded yet.

DJI have told me I need to send the drone back to them, hopefully they send a working drone back to me this time

:crossed_fingers:

Someone in the repair shop didn’t test it :roll_eyes:

not a bit of transport packaging in there, is there?

2 Likes

If you are using any of the clip-on ND filters, try removing them before powering up the drone, and letting it do it’s pre-flight self calibration.
I thought my Mini2 had a faulty gimbal until I found that 2 highly recommended manufacturers’ filter packs were causing the problems.
There is very little clearance between the Mini2 camera at the back, and the gimbal frame, and the clip of the ND filters was getting slightly jammed behind the camera when it rotates up.
The solution was to take some wet-or-dry abrasive to the ND filter clips, and thin them down on the ends.

Well DJI have agreed there is a problem with the gimbal as it does not even move when I turn the drone on, so they have sent me shipping labels and DHL are going to pick it up this morning so thats another weekend with the drone