DJi Mini 2 Gimbal problems

Anyone else had problems with the mini 2 gimbal. If i point it at the ground with video mode selected, as soon as i move the drone forwards or backwards the gimbal shoots upwards.

The attached video shows what happened and my fingers were well away from the wheel.

2 Likes

Not happening with mine. Well at least not last time I flew…

It happened last week and I thought it was something I had done. Was trying to do a shot tonight and damned thing kept jumping, very annoying.

1 Like

Calibrated the gimbal recently? Was it a bad calibration? :thinking:

I did calibrate the other day after the wonky horizon photos. That said this happened last week before the calibration but I thought it was something I had done. I’m going to recalibrate and go back to using my iPhone to run the app although I can’t see it being an Android issue :man_shrugging:

I’m using S10.

Clutching at straws :worried:

You have to go to cine mode and do adjustments on gimbal for filming and pictures

slow movement

I think in with the M2 the gimbal moves to what it thinks is safe when its moving, I read somewhere I’ll try dig it out.

Mine does it too

1 Like

I have adjusted the settings so as it is smooth in cine mode, this is a case of the gimbal moving/jumping up without any action from my part other than moving the drone forwards or backwards?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/_i9ZSMlZuQ8

answer here for gimbal

1 Like

Are you in Sport mode or Normal mode ??

I was in normal mode at the time.

Interesting - as most of the Mini 2 gimbal dip issues occur in Sport mode. It appears the Mini 2 gimbal is not quite strong enough to deal with “sudden” movements of the drone when in Sport mode.

Another possibility would be strong winds - but your gimbal moved up not down.

Try a search on YT for Mini 2 gimbal problems - there’s quite a few videos on the subject.

1 Like

Anything in the flight logs?

It happened in the section over the roadway.

I think you were in Sport Mode by then?

You’re right, I’ve just found a flight playback on those logs and it was in sports mode! I’ll send it up again tomorrow and check the modes to check it doesn’t happen in normal or cine. I think being locked up in the house is sending me crazy :sweat_smile:

Have a look at this video … may be of some help :+1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h8pwwG1zNs&t=614s

I think the answer is go to place fast sport mode then any filming serious switch to n mode

1 Like