DJI Mini 2 - Slow yaw rates

Ys Android, 1.5.10. Kept it low (esp for the DJI FPV and locking of it!)

Tell me about it. This is from the 5 minutes I flew it last Saturday.

Although, while I thought I’d have no issues out in the middle of nowhere, and the general comment at FPV meets tends to be that the Mavic’s aren’t an issue, with hindsight I suspect this is not true for the poor old 2.4/5.8GHz Mini.

I was looking forward to the Birthday Challenge rekindling my interest in the Mini but I have serious reservations about flying it anywhere these days. :frowning:
That and the start of the Challenge seems to have knackered the weather. :laughing:

19 meters… From Sunday… In middle of no where!

Probably DJI ruining it to make us a get a 3… Will the 2 do that too soon?! lol

I still use 1.4.2 for my Mini 2 because of the issues above that and one was the yaw values kept changing and slowing the yaw down
The way to check is to hover and full yaw left or right and then flick the flight mode back and two
you see it fast. slow, and slower :+1:

Check the Firmware version to see if you can apply drone hacks

Unfortunately not possible, it’s totally up to date, and no downgrade for it yet :frowning:

Martin here’s one I took with it last summer never had any error messages

I went 300m yesterday with non @Terry2021 . My screenshot was the Mini 1 at 19 meters :slight_smile: This is the reason for my upgrade :wink: thanks

And great video. Burnham visited lots!

1 Like

Glad it’s all OK had me worried, try the 360 degree panos there great. Have fun.

1 Like

Only issue is the yaw, which I have no doubt will sort easily, when get 10 mins to check. It’s great thanks!

Heh I did do a pano and a sphere, one of the new things the Mini 1 doesn’t have, not had a chance to download it, had a quick look at preview on phone. Did a few but needed to use 3rd party app (think Litchi) on the Mini 1. Just nicely built in now!

So shall I get an older version you reckon, might sort the yawing? Then again might be getting the drone tweaks version (as can’t use drone hacks), but tbh as can only FCC with that, Im not entirely sure how far will fly, as 300m was pushing my LOS

Beware - not all app versions can be used with all later firmware versions.

Hopefully a list somewhere for the compatibility :slight_smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DJI expect people to keep both up-to-date. Why would there be a list?

I assumed by helpful 3rd parties, defo not get that from dji

"Your mission - should you accept it … "

heh well if someone wants to send me a Mini 2 that’s got older firmware I can downgrade, be happy to oblige

Remember - firmware version updates are drone specific, app updates can be for any number of reasons … new drone models, new features, bug fixes.

The number of combinations/permutations beggars belief.

I’ve never even seen a coherent/definitive list of …

• things added
  • things fixed
  • things fucked

… for each update of either firmware or app.

Yeah cheers, know when mini 3 came out a new app would be needed.

Just out of interest we got a reliable list of old APK’s for fly? Quick google found a few, but you never know if it’s a “dodgy” site.

Just a new version of the Fly app, not a “new app”. :wink:

Yes sorry I meant and knew that… :wink: Like the thumb pro, first noticed in updated runcam app :slight_smile: