DJI Mini 2 - Slow yaw rates

Well first flight last night, and yeah great I didn’t get moaned at about low signal when it’s 100m away (like the mini). Though the Yaw speed… Non existent, tried looking at the settings, but this things can’t turn in any of the three modes?! What’s that about?! Pitch, throttle and roll fine, yaw… nope… And I mean it’s like 2degrees a second!! I checked the gimbal adjustments and reset to defaults…

2 Likes

Isn’t there a setting that inhibits yaw for some reason :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

I went through, recalibrated controller (all other axis’s seemed fine), and reset gimbal, and all other settings. Maybe @Terry2021 did you put on slow yaw (I get maybe for normal, and cine modes lowering it could be good), but sports, be great to be able to turn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might find after you’ve adjusted the settings you need to switch back to normal, and then flick back. This caught me out a few times. I believe it still even exists on the Mini 3. The changes don’t seem to be instant. Or are inconsistent at applying instantly. Worst case scenario I think I’ve had to land before the new settings took effect.

I think on occassions I’ve also took off with the switch in sport mode, but looking on the screen it’s in normal mode. Again a quick toggle on the switch sorts it.

Seems to be a bug that they’ve never ironed out.

Maybe even turn off and on again?!

1 Like

@ianinlondon posts YT’s on gimbal setting for most ofthe DJI stuff, might be worth a check on hois YT listings

2 Likes

Hope it’s not this… but post #6 might be worth looking at :thinking:

1 Like

Is it gimbal settings? yeah need to dig a little deeper. Otherwise the drone seems top notch and happy with it! Will find that setting, though it’s raining today, lol!

2 Likes

Not 100% familiar with the finer details of some of the more recent models/apps … but I seem to recall something like “cinematic mode”(?) kills yaw speed … for logical reasons.

Yeah I get why they do that, but when normal and sport affected too… heh! Will dig in, very happy so far with it though :wink:

1 Like

It’s a 9 min video, I’ve tried to make the start at the bit that’s relevant.

1 Like

Hi gunja99, yes slowed yaw rate and gimbal rates in nor and Cini modes gives a much nicer video sports left as is.you can reset all to DJI by just going into each setting and click on reset. Hope this helps.

Ahhh cheers. Not a biggy at all. yeah did try all the reset options but didn’t seem to make a difference, but will have another go when have more time, was just a quick 20 min flight. Range… SO MUCH BETTER!.. Challenged my LOS. Was my #1 annoyance of the 1!

Check out this video he explains the different settings and how they effect flight

1 Like

Moved this discussion to new thread. :+1:

1 Like

Excellent video thanks, watched in full. Pretty sure mine are really low (not checked on the drone), even after reset. I mean really low… Now why can’t I do 1000 degrees per second like me FPV drones :smiley: :smiley:

Heh was going to reply but saw you’re post, thanks for splitting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seem to remember there was a problem with the gimbal reset button where it was not actually working for yaw adjustments.
You have to have both controller and drone fired up to make any changes to the gimbal settings but pressing the reset button may not return them to original. Would suggest hovering the drone and then making the gimbal yaw adjustments and checking to see if the speed improves.

Yeah cheers, seeing Ian in londons rates of over 100, mine I’m sure are VERY VERY low in comparison even after reset :slight_smile: it’ll be fine, least understand all this from the FPV world :slight_smile:

At least can test it indoors with this rain :slight_smile:

Are you on Andriod Martin? if so what version of the app are you using?